Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't see how he will fit in with Martinez's tiki-taka when we finally have the other personnel to play it. That is if he ever tries to revert back to it, seems he may of learnt his lesson.

To be fair, it seems unlikely Everton will ever have the personnel to play a variant of tiki-taka. With the exception of Deulofeu, Martinez has yet to bring in anyone who fits that style.

I was telling my mate, the irony was if he had tried to control it like he had his back to goal, it would have bounced off his shin into the opposite corner.

Deulofeu has feck all to do with tiki-taka

True, he's not the poster child for pass and move, but of Martinez's signings to date, he was the most competent in possession. The point, poorly communicated though it was, is that McGeady, Rom, what we've seen from Atsu, etc, give the ball away with shocking regularity. Deulofeu also gave the ball away a ton, but that was due to being overly aggressive, and not because he didn't have the tools to execute a decent pass.

Thought he was alright tonight tbh.

Missed a sitter but it happens...

Yip.

Missing the sitter apart, he really worked hard and caused plenty of problems when he got on the ball and was facing their goal.

Love to see him with a proper inside forward playing him in.

I would love to see Bobby experiment with McGeady playing just behind Rom, in a central role.

He has a good range of passing and has a good shot on him.

It is criminal the way our players hardly ever shoot from the edge of or just outdude the box.

They either hold on the ball too long or do the dreaded u turn and head back to our territory.

Bought for the long term I suppose. He really doesn't hold anything up tho. It's a big problem in certain games. Another who (regardless of Fee) shouldn't be starting every game.

Surely Kone was bought to actually do something other than sit on the bench. Certain games he would be a better choice starting than Rom.

Roberto's team selections and subs are baffling. With ALOT more options in the squad than Moyes was EVER lucky enough to have, he uses his squad and substitute options very poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back