Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean carry to be absolutely tosh and forget the basics of defending then I agree. He has been a liability this season, much more so than Jags who has actually had some good patches .

I agree, but my original statement also holds....when Jagielka came back from the World Cup he was rotten, and Distin was the better if the two by some margin. Jagielka has since begun to refind his form whereas Distin hasn't, albeit he's had little opportunity

I agree, but my original statement also holds....when Jagielka came back from the World Cup he was rotten, and Distin was the better if the two by some margin. Jagielka has since begun to refind his form whereas Distin hasn't, albeit he's had little opportunity

Regards Jags, could his return be said to be linked with having Stones back alongside of him? Seems like to me.

I thought Distin had a bit of a rough deal in fairness. He made a couple of mistakes but came back and was excellent for one or two games and then made another couple of mistakes.

However Distin has a bit of big mouth and is at that age where no-one is going to tell him what to do. It may be more of a personality clash than anything else.

Dave Prentice is not a fan...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heres-how-romelu-lukaku-can-8639664

According to an interview published today, Romelu Lukaku “just wants to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.”

Any Evertonian picking up his paper this morning could be forgiven for a delivering a two-word response.

The first is “Cheeky,” the second starts with ‘B’.

Let’s just say “Belgian” for now, in the interests of decency.

Lukaku appears to be unaware of the stature of the football club which currently employs him, so let’s remind him that Everton is one of the most decorated in English football.

You could double Chelsea’s current haul of league titles and still not match Everton’s nine.

You could do exactly the same with Manchester City’s league title total – and still fall short.

While if you’re compiling a total of trophies won throughout their respective histories, Chelsea can only top Everton if they add a couple of triumphs in now defunct competitions like the Full Members Cup.

And if that’s so much ancient history – Lukaku wasn’t even a twinkle in his father’s eye the last time Everton were champions – Everton’s recent Premier League record is consistently solid: fifth, sixth, seventh, seventh, eighth, fifth, fifth, sixth, 11th and fourth in the last decade.

Lukaku was interviewed after Everton’s last gasp defeat at Chelsea on Wednesday.

He has been quoted as saying: “It was brilliant to play at Chelsea and I had a good reception.

“They know I’m a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea.

“I don’t have a secret ambition to rejoin — there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.”

His words were an insult to the 3,032 Evertonians who took time off work to travel south on Wednesday and returned home tired and emotional in the wee small hours of Thursday morning.

Lukaku is close to compatriot Kevin Mirallas, and it is concerning that both have been quoted in recent weeks as expressing a desire to play football at a more lofty level than Everton can currently offer.
If Lukaku is genuinely keen to “arrive at a top club” again, there are several steps he could take to achieve such an aim.

One: Learn how to hold the ball up more effectively. Lukaku looks every inch a £28m footballer when he is running with pace and strength onto through balls, but with his back to goal his first touch is usually so sloppy his second is often a tackle.

Two: Use his obvious physical assets to dominate in the air more consistently. When Lukaku scored a wonderfully brave header on his Everton debut at West Ham Blues fans celebrated the arrival of a dashing centre-forward in the true Everton tradition. Since then he has scored just two more headers, none this season.

Three: Replicate the movement and work-rate which characterised his thrilling first three or four months as an Everton footballer.

And finally, offer an apology to the fans who have whole-heartedly supported him, but who felt let down by his ill-advised comments on Wednesday night.

Dave Prentice is not a fan...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heres-how-romelu-lukaku-can-8639664

According to an interview published today, Romelu Lukaku “just wants to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.”

Any Evertonian picking up his paper this morning could be forgiven for a delivering a two-word response.

The first is “Cheeky,” the second starts with ‘B’.

Let’s just say “Belgian” for now, in the interests of decency.

Lukaku appears to be unaware of the stature of the football club which currently employs him, so let’s remind him that Everton is one of the most decorated in English football.

You could double Chelsea’s current haul of league titles and still not match Everton’s nine.

You could do exactly the same with Manchester City’s league title total – and still fall short.

While if you’re compiling a total of trophies won throughout their respective histories, Chelsea can only top Everton if they add a couple of triumphs in now defunct competitions like the Full Members Cup.

And if that’s so much ancient history – Lukaku wasn’t even a twinkle in his father’s eye the last time Everton were champions – Everton’s recent Premier League record is consistently solid: fifth, sixth, seventh, seventh, eighth, fifth, fifth, sixth, 11th and fourth in the last decade.

Lukaku was interviewed after Everton’s last gasp defeat at Chelsea on Wednesday.

He has been quoted as saying: “It was brilliant to play at Chelsea and I had a good reception.

“They know I’m a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea.

“I don’t have a secret ambition to rejoin — there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.”

His words were an insult to the 3,032 Evertonians who took time off work to travel south on Wednesday and returned home tired and emotional in the wee small hours of Thursday morning.

Lukaku is close to compatriot Kevin Mirallas, and it is concerning that both have been quoted in recent weeks as expressing a desire to play football at a more lofty level than Everton can currently offer.
If Lukaku is genuinely keen to “arrive at a top club” again, there are several steps he could take to achieve such an aim.

One: Learn how to hold the ball up more effectively. Lukaku looks every inch a £28m footballer when he is running with pace and strength onto through balls, but with his back to goal his first touch is usually so sloppy his second is often a tackle.

Two: Use his obvious physical assets to dominate in the air more consistently. When Lukaku scored a wonderfully brave header on his Everton debut at West Ham Blues fans celebrated the arrival of a dashing centre-forward in the true Everton tradition. Since then he has scored just two more headers, none this season.

Three: Replicate the movement and work-rate which characterised his thrilling first three or four months as an Everton footballer.

And finally, offer an apology to the fans who have whole-heartedly supported him, but who felt let down by his ill-advised comments on Wednesday night.

No offence mate but this was done to death when he actually made the comments a while ago.

No offence mate but this was done to death when he actually made the comments a while ago.
Four days ago. You're using a while as an exaggeration when it was this weekend. As far as I've read in this thread, no one had posted or linked this article. I thought was different to see a journalist actually shredding lukaku for his weaknesses and criticizing his comments. My bad though.

Four days ago. You're using a while as an exaggeration when it was this weekend. As far as I've read in this thread, no one had posted or linked this article. I thought was different to see a journalist actually shredding lukaku for his weaknesses and criticizing his comments. My bad though.

Dont let Mick mess with your mojo lad.

Lets continue to call Lukaku a pyar judas.

I for 1 welcome the chance.

Do you know what I owe you an apology Im getting my worlds mixed up again. No this article hasnt been commented on here but it has in teh other place.

Im sorry Layne.

Thanks for the post mate. I never really bothered to hear what Lukaku said and now I now what all the ado was about. Personally, I think what that useless uncoordinated donkey said is reprehensible. If I were manager, he would spend the next 4 years in the u21's...which is more his standard. He is a cart horse

Under 21's is too good for him. I bet all of them in the under 21's are dying for a chance at first team football.

Love the sarcasm boys. Just thought prentice calling some home truths rather than a bunch of Internet warriors was worth mentioning. I was mistaken obviously.

I read this mate when it was posted by Prentice, I was glad to see he actually picked up on it and had a pop at Lukaku tbh. I thought the Echo may not mention it but fair play because it's important Lukaku knows that he was taking the piss out of the fans by coming out with what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back