Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am uncertain as to whether it has been mentioned previous in this thread, but given the perspicacious qualities of the majority of GOT contributors I would not be unsurprised that acknowledgement of Naisy's contribution to Lukaku's goal haul this season has not gone unrecognised.

The offside shouts are anoying, he is offside becasue he made a boss run earlier in the phse of play, and our dumb a$$ midfielders spot him too late.

Not sure if you go the game mate, but if you do, your are indeed correct, he makes runs all game, 90% of the time nobody even attempts to pick him out, but he then strolls back towards the "offside line" and in the 2nd phase he is offside, plus he miss times so many runs when its so easy to look across the line.

Not sure if you go the game mate, but if you do, your are indeed correct, he makes runs all game, 90% of the time nobody even attempts to pick him out, but he then strolls back towards the "offside line" and in the 2nd phase he is offside, plus he miss times so many runs when its so easy to look across the line.

I agree with all that, but the midfielders see the early pass kore and then we have no issue with Rom, imo.

He looks frustrated as hell, and maybe thats part of the reason him getting back onside slow.

I agree with all that, but the midfielders see the early pass kore and then we have no issue with Rom, imo.

He looks frustrated as hell, and maybe thats part of the reason him getting back onside slow.

Totally, I feel his frustration, as I say, he does make some excellent runs, he points and shouts to where he wants it, he makes his run and then Naismith passes it a defender or something.

Dont blame the lid fuming.

Totally, I feel his frustration, as I say, he does make some excellent runs, he points and shouts to where he wants it, he makes his run and then Naismith passes it a defender or something.

Dont blame the lid fuming.
Agree mate. It's as if our players lack any creative vision. They don't recognise potential space (for others) at all. It does my head in actually

Everton and RM are still a work in progress. Martinez is a victim of his own success last term . He has made mistakes this term and plenty of them. It started with a poor preseason and continued with a team that leaked goals too easily, lost confidence and everything just seemed to go wrong. Add injuries to McCarthy, Stones , Mirallas at crucial times and the season was falling apart.

Martinez was the beneficiary of Moyes defence last term. Age has caught up with them and RM defensive weakness has been exposed this season. Swansea and Wigan were both defensively flaky under him...Wigan getting tonked eight at Chelsea and he stood in the sidelines and looked lost. Inevitably they got relegated inspite of spending more than Stoke.

This has nothing to do with Lukaku though. He cost 10m more than he is worth (can't believe I'm saying he's 18m but that's how inflated the market is). He's offside all the time as his leggy frame can't move quickly over short distances so he goes early. More mobile forwards can wait, and then peel off the shoulder of the defender. His touch is awful for rhe price paid for him. He's a predictable, limited forward heavily reliant on direct service into the box. Not saying the big unit is a yard dog, but he's nowhere near elite.

Martinez was the beneficiary of Moyes defence last season. Age has caught up with them and RM defensive weakness has been exposed this season. Swansea and Wigan were both defensively flaky under him...Wigan getting tonked eight at Chelsea and he stood in the sidelines and looked lost. Inevitably they got relegated inspite of spending more than Stoke.

This has nothing to do with Lukaku though. We paid 10m than he is worth (can't believe I'm saying he's 18m but that's how inflated the market is). He's offside all the time as his leggy frame can't get move quickly over short distances so he goes early. More mobile forward can wait, and then peel off the shoulder of the defender. His touch is awful for rhe price paid for him. He's a predictable, limited forward heavily reliant on direct service into the box. Not saying the big unit is a yard dog, but he's nowhere near elite.
We have a more mobile forward, enter Mr Kone :)

Martinez was the beneficiary of Moyes defence last term. Age has caught up with them and RM defensive weakness has been exposed this season. Swansea and Wigan were both defensively flaky under him...Wigan getting tonked eight at Chelsea and he stood in the sidelines and looked lost. Inevitably they got relegated inspite of spending more than Stoke.

This has nothing to do with Lukaku though. He cost 10m more than he is worth (can't believe I'm saying he's 18m but that's how inflated the market is). He's offside all the time as his leggy frame can't move quickly over short distances so he goes early. More mobile forwards can wait, and then peel off the shoulder of the defender. His touch is awful for rhe price paid for him. He's a predictable, limited forward heavily reliant on direct service into the box. Not saying the big unit is a yard dog, but he's nowhere near elite.

2009-2013 Wigan under Martinez spent 34m

2009-2013 Stoke spent 77.6m

You say his defensive weakness has been shown this season but right before that admit an ageing back line has caught up with us, He's that bad at sorting a defence out that in the last 5 games we have conceded 2 goals after playing City/Chelsea and Liverpool

Apart from that, Great post mate

When he made his debut against West Ham I thought he was going to become one of the top strikers in Europe. He's got progressively worse every time I've watched him except for the odd game. His value must be plummeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back