Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

You wonder why he is targeted and Miralles and Naismith aren't

If you're hinting it's because he's black, no. Just no. Simply not the case.

It's because of his price tag, and his perceived attitude problem at times, whether right or wrong.

Let's put it this way - he's just hushed his own fans, who have paid money to watch the game and express what they want to during it as long as it's non-offensive or illegal. If he was a proper pro, he'd have celebrated the goal and got on with it.

It's because of his price tag, and his perceived attitude problem at times, whether right or wrong.

Let's put it this way - he's just hushed his own fans, who have paid money to watch the game and express what they want to during it as long as it's non-offensive or illegal. If he was a proper pro, he'd have celebrated the goal and got on with it.

But it is partly because of that (not you btw). There's accounts on this forum of racist shouts directed at him in Goodison of late. It's disgusting. I'd be hushing them too.

As for his fee, let it go, as if him or us have any say over it, the transfer market has been inflated for a couple of years now, it is what it is.

In the era of Raheem Sterlings (arrogant young footballers who think they're Zidane before they have pubes), he's one of the most professional 21 year olds I've ever seen. Honest about his flaws, sensible in his attitude outside of football and crucially, unlike the modern young footballer, doesn't think he's God's gift to football and knows he has a lot of improving to do. Only John Stones could outshine Lukaku in this regard.

Get a grip ffs Tubes. Your Lukaku vendetta is embarrassing.

In the era of Raheem Sterlings (arrogant young footballers who think they're Zidane before they have pubes), he's one of the most professional 21 year olds I've ever seen. Honest about his flaws, sensible in his attitude outside of football and crucially, unlike the modern young footballer, doesn't think he's God's gift to football and knows he has a lot of improving to do. Only John Stones could outshine Lukaku in this regard.

Get a grip ffs Tubes. Your Lukaku vendetta is embarrassing.

I haven't got one, so I'm at a loss as to how it's embarrassing given it doesn't exist.

I have one against Neville. Maybe you're confused.

I don't see the level of professionalism you're describing, with his interviews to the media lately, in my eyes, disrespecting the stature of the club, but that's my opinion, not a vendetta.

I haven't got one, so I'm at a loss as to how it's embarrassing given it doesn't exist.

I have one against Neville. Maybe you're confused.

I don't see the level of professionalism you're describing, with his interviews to the media lately, in my eyes, disrespecting the stature of the club, but that's my opinion, not a vendetta.

Still a massive fan of this by the way.

But it is partly because of that (not you btw). There's accounts on this forum of racist shouts directed at him in Goodison of late. It's disgusting. I'd be hushing them too.

As for his fee, let it go, as if him or us have any say over it, the transfer market has been inflated for a couple of years now, it is what it is.

It's a factor. We're Everton - £28m is a kings ransom. And we've been burned on big transfers in the past like Beattie, so it's a sore spot for a few blues if you see such a player putting in tosh. Most of it isn't the fault of the player that the fans are reacting that way; it's more a case of "every single striker we buy ends up doing this ffs".

I think the racist shouts exist, but I think they're after the fact and simply what bad teds in the crowd do to express frustration, instead of using a normal swear word or whatever. It is racism, but I don't think the skin colour actually incites the abuse in the first instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back