Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't got one, so I'm at a loss as to how it's embarrassing given it doesn't exist.

I have one against Neville. Maybe you're confused.

I don't see the level of professionalism you're describing, with his interviews to the media lately, in my eyes, disrespecting the stature of the club, but that's my opinion, not a vendetta.
You need to get a grip. He's 21 and will score well over 20 goals this season. It's not his fault he costs 28m so I don't know why you keep using that to shame him.

I don't see this kid as a £28m signing.

We did it pay £28m up front for him. No chance.

Yes that's the fee, but I'd guess we've paid about £7m of that so far. And he's well well worth that.

Reactions: obc
It's a factor. We're Everton - £28m is a kings ransom. And we've been burned on big transfers in the past like Beattie, so it's a sore spot for a few blues if you see such a player putting in tosh. Most of it isn't the fault of the player that the fans are reacting that way; it's more a case of "every single striker we buy ends up doing this ffs".

I think the racist shouts exist, but I think they're after the fact and simply what bad teds in the crowd do to express frustration, instead of using a normal swear word or whatever. It is racism, but I don't think the skin colour actually incites the abuse in the first instance.

I'm personally glad we've spent money on a player that has the potential to be truly world class, we've been starved of any real talisman up front since Ferguson and he was more reputation than result at times. Yakubu threatened to be it but Moyes had it in for him after asking for a payrise and that was that. No, I'm truly happy we have spent the money we have.

The racism stuff, obviously hard for me being as far away as physically possible from Goodison, and I hope you're right, but there are a fair share of idiots in any club.

I'm personally glad we've spent money on a player that has the potential to be truly world class, we've been starved of any real talisman up front since Ferguson and he was more reputation than result at times. Yakubu threatened to be it but Moyes had it in for him after asking for a payrise and that was that. No, I'm truly happy we have spent the money we have.

The racism stuff, obviously hard for me being as far away as physically possible from Goodison, and I hope you're right, but there are a fair share of idiots in any club.

It's the full grown men, usually 40+, who I've heard do it, but honestly it's a handful at best. Other clubs have a much worse problem with it.

Not excusing it, but whilst maybe a factor, the guy isn't booed for his skin colour.

He definitely does in Europe, no denying that.

I'd love this striker in an Everton shirt in the Premier League. Unfortunately we've got a lookalike who has scored 7 in 26.

It's still a 1 in 4 ratio for a team that has been awful this year, he's barely been fed and has been used as a hold up player. Someone like Gibson who can pick him out when he makes a run will make a huge difference.

Like I said he's 21 mate, his control and decision making will improve with time. Remember Drogba when he first came over, and he was older

Just can't see what anyone's problem is with this lad. The season before last a certain cannibal across the park couldn't hit a cows a*** with a Banjo but he was getting there to miss and a season later he's worth 70 mill to them. This lad is scoring and missing, and despite the abuse never hides

It's still a 1 in 4 ratio for a team that has been awful this year, he's barely been fed and has been used as a hold up player. Someone like Gibson who can pick him out when he makes a run will make a huge difference.

Like I said he's 21 mate, his control and decision making will improve with time. Remember Drogba when he first came over, and he was older

I'm not saying it won't; my criticism of him is that he is either on fire or completely anonymous.

You say the team has been awful this year - he's been part of that team, played nearly every minute, and has contributed to that awfulness.

21 isn't the same as being a 16 year old academy player - it's fairly young, yes, but it's no catch all excuse for his inconsistency.

I just want to see him do what he did tonight in the Premier League, and I'm not prepared to make excuses for him, as if he can do it tonight, he can do it in the league too.

That's exactly it mate.

The fee is on his potential.

We've not paid that up front. No way.

We've paid about £7m and had more than our monies worth of that so far.

Reactions: obc
It's a factor. We're Everton - £28m is a kings ransom. And we've been burned on big transfers in the past like Beattie, so it's a sore spot for a few blues if you see such a player putting in tosh. Most of it isn't the fault of the player that the fans are reacting that way; it's more a case of "every single striker we buy ends up doing this ffs".

I think the racist shouts exist, but I think they're after the fact and simply what bad teds in the crowd do to express frustration, instead of using a normal swear word or whatever. It is racism, but I don't think the skin colour actually incites the abuse in the first instance.

I'd be more than happy if every striker we bought "did a Lukaku"

I'm not saying it won't; my criticism of him is that he is either on fire or completely anonymous.

You say the team has been awful this year - he's been part of that team, played nearly every minute, and has contributed to that awfulness.

21 isn't the same as being a 16 year old academy player - it's fairly young, yes, but it's no catch all excuse for his inconsistency.

I just want to see him do what he did tonight in the Premier League, and I'm not prepared to make excuses for him, as if he can do it tonight, he can do it in the league too.

I'm not denying that he has been awful as part of that team, some of his touches and pass have been awful.

I know it's a big difference from a 16 year old, but he's still 21 playing in the top division of European football upfront on his tod. It'll be physically tiring on him, and teams this year have sat back and allowed the balls to be played into his feet then going right up his arse.

He's had a massive learning curve this year, a totally different setup against him, and that'll improve his game no end. His overall record speaks volumes for such a young lad.

He'll be a star mate

That's exactly it mate.

The fee is on his potential.

We've not paid that up front. No way.

We've paid about £7m and had more than our monies worth of that so far.

Could have been all the money in one hit and I wouldn't mind either, it was Sky/Fellaini money, we're better off with Lukaku in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back