Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not denying that he has been awful as part of that team, some of his touches and pass have been awful.

I know it's a big difference from a 16 year old, but he's still 21 playing in the top division of European football upfront on his tod. It'll be physically tiring on him, and teams this year have sat back and allowed the balls to be played into his feet then going right up his arse.

He's had a massive learning curve this year, a totally different setup against him, and that'll improve his game no end. His overall record speaks volumes for such a young lad.

He'll be a star mate

That's all fair enough. Let's hope he will be. All I'm doing is pointing out valid flaws right now in league football, and not being blinded to them because he scores quite a few in Europe.

That's all fair enough. Let's hope he will be. All I'm doing is pointing out valid flaws right now in league football, and not being blinded to them because he scores quite a few in Europe.

It's more the fact that your criticism doesn't cease, regardless of him playing well or not. I swear you've turned the moaning up to 11 in these past 2 Europa games. As if you think it's your duty to remind everyone, in the middle of Rom scoring 5 goals, that he has plenty of flaws to his game.

We know. He's really not perfect and has a lot to do. I still don't think we'll ever see him reach his potential if Martinez doesn't eventually play to his strengths more often. But at the end of the day, as bad as he's been in the league, he's scored over 1 in 4. At the age of 21. Whilst barely getting any service (Leicester aside).

Then when he does have a good game, in a competition where we seem to provide him with more service, he scores for fun.

He is the best striker we've had in my lifetime, and he's younger than me ffs. Give the lad a fecking chance.

It's more the fact that your criticism doesn't cease, regardless of him playing well or not. I swear you've turned the moaning up to 11 in these past 2 Europa games. As if you think it's your duty to remind everyone, in the middle of Rom scoring 5 goals, that he has plenty of flaws to his game.

We know. He's really not perfect and has a lot to do. I still don't think we'll ever see him reach his potential if Martinez doesn't eventually play to his strengths more often. But at the end of the day, as bad as he's been in the league, he's scored over 1 in 4. At the age of 21. Whilst barely getting any service (Leicester aside).

Then when he does have a good game, in a competition where we seem to provide him with more service, he scores for fun.

He is the best striker we've had in my lifetime, and he's younger than me ffs. Give the lad a fecking chance.

No

Completely untrue. Praised him in the match thread for his link up with Naismith, and have said he's been brilliant tonight. Also said it in the first game. Also said it against Wolfsburg. And so on.

Absolutely wonderful from Naismith and Lukaku - link up play at last.

Completely untrue. Praised him in the match thread for his link up with Naismith, and have said he's been brilliant tonight. Also said it in the first game. Also said it against Wolfsburg. And so on.

Hardly comparable to the essay-like critiques, like.

Really? Because I believe I didn't post in the match thread in the first game, or the MOTM thread. I posted afterward about how brilliant he was and hoped he'd follow it on in the league. He never does. Let's hope this time he does.

To be fair mate, we never do.

I just think you apportion too much of the blame on his shoulders. You focus 90% of your energy on him, and at the end of the day he's just one player. In my eyes players like Howard, and more than anyone, Martinez himself have been more responsible for our problems.

To be fair mate, we never do.

I just think you apportion too much of the blame on his shoulders. You focus 90% of your energy on him, and at the end of the day he's just one player. In my eyes players like Howard, and more than anyone, Martinez himself have been more responsible for our problems.

He's the one player who dominates in Europe - actually dominates - they does nothing in the league. That's why the attention goes to him, as when you see someone that good turn that rubbish, it tends to be eye catching.

He badly needs consistency. He's played like that a few times in Europe now, but hardly ever in the league. No excuses - if that's what he's capable of, he needs to do it regularly.

That's all I posted after the first game. Hardly an essay, and hardly unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back