Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kone came on last night and had nothing but encouragement from the whole crowd. Browning has played and received everyones backing. It's not a race issue.

The issue with Lukaku is that he chatted crap to the press and has done next to nothing in the league since November. 3 goals in 14 games, but talking publicly about wanting to be at a "top club" - ambition is great, but that got a lot of fans backs up as he wasn't in a position to play the big time charlie standpoint and disrespect his current employers and the fans who pay his wages.

The race card shouldn't be played here; people are critical of him for other reasons, whether rightly or wrongly.

I'm not saying that we have a largely racist fanbase or anything. Those encouraging Kone could be the type to encourage anyway. How do you know if the ones i'm referring to as being racist were encouraging Kone?

There is a minority of our fans who have been slating Lukaku even when he's been scoring. You have to wonder why they have such anger for a player don't you? I can understand negative fans having a go if they don't rate him and he isn't scoring. But i've heard some abusing him when he's scored 3.

Maybe you're right and they're just negative people in general.

As a team we've scored 12 goals in 2015, 8 of which Lukaku has scored with 1 assist.

Where would be without him?

Out of Europe for sure, I think Young Boys could have given us trouble without his dominance over the two games, but the same in the league probably. You never know what a different striker would have done in those games though.

You really don't like this particular player and is very obvious that you have a grudge against him.

Oh FFS... Really?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/lukaku.67134/page-801#post-3387769

Saying it doesn't make it true.

Once again, I don't have a grudge, vendetta, hatred or whatever else against Lukaku. All I do have is the desire to see him do what he does in Europe in the league to dispel my doubts about him in the system we play under Martinez in the EPL. Bad man me.

These are simple facts:

3 goals in his last 14 league games.
6 goals in his last 3 Europa League games.

So let's see a bit more Europa League Lukaku rather than Premier League Lukaku.

Oh FFS... Really?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/lukaku.67134/page-801#post-3387769

Saying it doesn't make it true.

Once again, I don't have a grudge, vendetta, hatred or whatever else against Lukaku. All I do have is the desire to see him do what he does in Europe in the league to dispel my doubts about him in the system we play under Martinez in the EPL. Bad man me.

These are simple facts:

3 goals in his last 14 league games.
6 goals in his last 3 Europa League games.

So let's see a bit more Europa League Lukaku rather than Premier League Lukaku.

Do you not see a link between the team in the Europa League and the team in the PL as well though?

The team's form has been the same as Lukaku's. He's suffering from the team's bad form in the league too.

Do you not see a link between the team in the Europa League and the team in the PL as well though?

The team's form has been the same as Lukaku's. He's suffering from the team's bad form in the league too.

He's part of that team. The thing is, he's so dominant in Europe that the drop off in his personal performance in the league is incredible. I don't expect him to be scoring two a game in the league, that'd be silly, but I'd expect him to not be non-existent.

Imagine if Messi turned up against Bayern, tore them to shreds, then immediately afterwards did nothing in the league for a month. But then as soon as he's playing Real Madrid in the Champions League he's back on fire. Eyebrows would be raised.

I'm not blaming him for all of Everton's ills domestically, but we play teams who sit off us and let us stroll around the park in Europe, so we dominate as a result. But as soon as we play anyone domestically, they press us high and as a team we go missing and Lukaku is part of that problem, as he can't make the ball stick further up the pitch, so we're constantly under pressure at the back with sideways and backward passes.

Lukaku is world class in Europe because how we're allowed to play in Europe suits him. In the Prem, he has so many questions to answer as he's part of a system that he seems to struggle in - namely, can he provide a consistent outball, and can he dominate when he has less space to move, as we don't get players forward as quick as we do in Europe to open up the gaps.

Gibson might be the answer to this. Maybe Lukaku doesn't have to adapt if we play more direct football, but we'll have to wait and see. If Martinez sticks with how Everton play right now in the league, we have to see more from Lukaku or he's a liability in the system as much as he is an asset with his goals.

Oh really?

The words of an egotist stubbornly conserving his non-changing opinion everyone!

As mad as it seems, I can be delighted with a one-off performance, but not think he's Pele in the long term because of it.

I bet most of them comments have come after he has scored in games. I didn't say you were stupid of course you are going to give him a little reluctant praise cause if you didn't you would just look daft if you didn't. But them comments certainly have the same undertone of negativity.

When he has an absolute [Poor language removed] game do you sing his praises as well as his faults in them comments? Or do you just full out spell out his faults? I'd imagine the latter. But you manage to squeeze the faults into comments when he is doing well. If you can do your self-vaulting thing of you criticising his bad points while praising his good points in games he didnt score and played bad then I have been wrong and I'll accept I was being presumptuous.

I bet most of them comments have come after he has scored in games. I didn't say you where stupid of course you are going to give him a little reluctant praise cause if you didn't you would just look daft if you didn't. But them comments certainly have the same undertone of negativity.

When he has an absolute [Poor language removed] game do you sing his praises as well as his faults in them comments? Or do you just full out spell out his faults? I'd imagine the latter. But you manage to squeeze the faults into comments when he is doing well. But if you can do your self-vaulting thing of you criticising his bad points while praising his good points in games he didnt score and played bad then I have been wrong and I'll accept I was being presumptuous.

Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back