Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been very on and off, but looking at his current goal scoring form you cannot deny he's in pretty good form at the moment. Any word as of his injury last night? Martinez said he was tired but he was reaching for his hamstring?

I think that some people may have an issue with him being black.

Very sad really.

Agree with you here unfortunately. This and his price tag are leading to a lot of strange anger towards him. Was in Bern with these absolute nobheads behind venting pure anger at him even after his hat-trick. Embarrassed to support the same club as them.

Who exactly?

Or are you just saying bollocks like that because it's easy?

It's quite obvious. The only fully black person in the team and he gets the most abuse from the crowd regardless of banging in hat-tricks and 5 goals over 2 legs.

He literally can't please some of our fans and you have to wonder why given the circumstances.

He's been very on and off, but looking at his current goal scoring form you cannot deny he's in pretty good form at the moment. Any word as of his injury last night? Martinez said he was tired but he was reaching for his hamstring?

7 in 26 league games. Has scored 3 domestic goals in his last 14 games.

Tremendous in Europe, but his form in the league is "pretty good"? It isn't.

I don't know why people are allergic to just saying, "yeah, he's amazing in Europe, but I can't praise him until he does similar or even something remotely close in our bread and butter competition."

It's quite obvious. The only fully black person in the team and he gets the most abuse from the crowd regardless of banging in hat-tricks and 5 goals over 2 legs.

He literally can't please some of our fans and you have to wonder why given the circumstances.

LOL WHAT?!

His record stands up.

We haven't had someone score 15 league goals since Yakubu. Only 1 player before Lukaku managed it in 15 years. With 12 games to go I wouldn't rule him out getting to 15 again league goals again in the form he's in.

Lets say he's scored 13 league goals, he would be the first player we've had since the 1980's (Tony Cottee) to consecutively score 13 league goals in a season.

If he scores 22 goals in all competitions (again looking a good bet) he would be the first since 1990 to do that. if he gets 25 goals then he'd be the first since Lineker in the mid 80's.

His goal scoring record is outstanding particularly when you consider his age. We had a spell of not playing to his strengths. We are now playing to his strengths and creating chances for him, and the lad is a class act.

Agree totally with the above

Are you being serious right now, or am I missing something.

Just in case, Atsu, Distin and Kone say hello.

I meant first 11. Anyway, I have no clue about the mind of a racist so who knows but it seems odd to me that Lukaku receives so much stick when he's a young lad banging in the goals.

We'd be in the [Poor language removed] without him.

14tu05t.jpg
??FULLY BLACK??
14tu05t.jpg

7 in 26 league games. Has scored 3 domestic goals in his last 14 games.

Tremendous in Europe, but his form in the league is "pretty good"? It isn't.

I don't know why people are allergic to just saying, "yeah, he's amazing in Europe, but I can't praise him until he does similar or even something remotely close in our bread and butter competition."
Because, unlike you, people want to support our own players instead of constantly criticizing the.

I meant first 11. Anyway, I have no clue about the mind of a racist so who knows but it seems odd to me that Lukaku receives so much stick when he's a young lad banging in the goals.

We'd be in the [Poor language removed] without him.

Kone came on last night and had nothing but encouragement from the whole crowd. Browning has played and received everyones backing. It's not a race issue.

The issue with Lukaku is that he chatted crap to the press and has done next to nothing in the league since November. 3 goals in 14 games, but talking publicly about wanting to be at a "top club" - ambition is great, but that got a lot of fans backs up as he wasn't in a position to play the big time charlie standpoint and disrespect his current employers and the fans who pay his wages.

The race card shouldn't be played here; people are critical of him for other reasons, whether rightly or wrongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back