Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess you can't brandish any comments of praising him when he has a stinker? But you certainly are full of negatives when he has a stormer. You're pathetic mate.

Why would I praise him if he's having a stinker? What I do is ask for consistency when he's doing well - I don't criticise him when he's playing well. I've said multiple times he was brilliant yesterday. What do you want me to do, "oh he was great tonight, but he needs to be rubbish next game." Behave.

If you want quotes from games he didn't score in, be my guest. There's around a dozen or so I can't find right now as well - including one where I praised him when no one else did for his workrate despite not scoring.

He was a different class today. Him, Lukaku, Barry and Jagielka were astonishing. The spine of the team is rock solid.

Lukaku on around 60 minutes and he could run rampant. That's what he should be at this time, an impact sub on tired legs, as he's a powerhouse when running the ball.

First half was; but the second was pure manure and the goal doesn't disguise that.

The one huge positive was Lukaku who was great throughout - everyone else would be lucky to score a six out of ten at the very best.

Or most pertinently, for those who still think I just hate the guy:

If we signed Lukaku on a permanent for the next five years, I'd be bouncing around the room. He's nowhere near what he's going to be and he's still a potent weapon.

Don't think it will happen but... one can hope.

I think you're the one with an agenda, not me.

... and Lukaku is a Belgian who thinks he should be a number one striker at a Champions League club. The lad has an ego, and that can be a very good thing as winners do have egos, but lazy people who have egos can become complacent and a liability.

I still have no clue what camp Lukaku falls in. Sometimes he comes across as well spoken, then the next minute he looks like a daft kid full of self-importance.

Learn how to control a football and actively look for space more than he does. I don't care what anyone says, the guy is lazy when the ball isn't looking to be played in behind, and it means there's no one to stick the ball to as he isn't interested in moving for the ball to feet.

He's a liability in the system we are currently playing, and the odd moment of magic doesn't alter the overwhelmingly negative aspects of his game for me. He can score 1 in 2 for all I care (and good on him if he does, as he's an incredible slotter) but if he's harming the entire system I have to call him on it.

Tubes can you see with stuff like this though how it could be offensive.

Or here, with Yakubu.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/yak-off-to-celtic.36670/page-2#post-872541

You was also standing up for a fan banned for calling Saha lazy here.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...w-banned-for-3-years.34631/page-5#post-793943

Lukaku, Yakubu, Saha. What do they have in common, apart from being "lazy"?

You know when the ball rolls slowly to his feet and he miscontrolls it, they get the ball and start a counter attack, or when the ball is played brilliantly from distance but he's offside... again.. or when he man marks defenders instead of getting into space.

That's why he gets grief one suspects, doubt anyone criticises his ability to score, run, use his strength, effort etc, sadly whilst hes responsible for a lot of goals, he's responsible for us not getting a lot too, a lot of good counters break down at Lukaku.. its annoying, but when he's on it.. he's epic.

I'm made up we have him, I think he is one of our best players, but he has his flaws and they are not subtle, I can see why people would dislike it, and he's made me frustrated many times, but he's always capable of just smashing the ball in the net, and that level of fear to put into a defence is priceless (well 25m+ actually but you know what I mean).

Pathetic.

And by highlighting that part of what I said without factoring in what i said before and after- taking me out of context. Not only are you egotistically protecting your primary negative agenda you're behaving like a second rate tabloid newspaper.

And by highlighting that part of what I said without factoring in what i said before and after- taking me out of context. Not only are you egotistically protecting your primary negative agenda you're behaving like a second rate tabloid newspaper.

No lad, I dismissed the whole thing as pure diarrhoea. You've set your stand, and you're saying I have an agenda, or I'm egotistical (which I am, but not in relation to an opinion about a footballer which I've clearly shown over and over again can change based on evidence) and you aren't going to shift.

I can't win that argument, as you're saying that even when I say something positive about him, I'm only doing it to accentuate the negative. Which is ridiculous and a pre-school mindset to have.

So basically it's a textbook case of irony - the guy accusing someone of having an agenda, has an even more obvious agenda.

Can everyone drop the "race" issue please.

Thread bans for those that don't, we've been here before on this thread and it is not happening again.

Thank you.

Shocked by the level of racism on here tbh when alternatively we could direct our bile towards gays and Americans

ONLY JOKING FFS

Why would I praise him if he's having a stinker? What I do is ask for consistency when he's doing well - I don't criticise him when he's playing well. I've said multiple times he was brilliant yesterday. What do you want me to do, "oh he was great tonight, but he needs to be rubbish next game." Behave.

If you want quotes from games he didn't score in, be my guest. There's around a dozen or so I can't find right now as well - including one where I praised him when no one else did for his workrate despite not scoring.

Or most pertinently, for those who still think I just hate the guy:

I think you're the one with an agenda, not me.

If you highlight his bad points when he is having a stormer you should be consistant when he is having a stinker. You haven't exactly done that but you have produced more praise. If I push on and stubbornly insist on highlights of good points in stinker games I really do look like I want my agenda to be true more than I want the truth to be true so I'll just take your word on it.

Tubes can you see with stuff like this though how it could be offensive.

Or here, with Yakubu.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/yak-off-to-celtic.36670/page-2#post-872541

You was also standing up for a fan banned for calling Saha lazy here.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...w-banned-for-3-years.34631/page-5#post-793943

Lukaku, Yakubu, Saha. What do they have in common, apart from being "lazy"?

How can you guys produce such arrays of past comments so adequately. Like how do you find them. What is the skill/process?

If you highlight his bad points when he is having a stormer you should be consistant when he is having a stinker. You haven't exactly done that but you have produced more praise. If I push on and stubbornly insist on highlights of good points in stinker games I really do look like I want my agenda to be true more than I want the truth to be true so I'll just take your word on it.

Fair enough, and I do - few quick examples.

Much better from Lukaku, great take.

Lukaku coming into the game more now, but he was gash early on. Got the assist for the first and went on from there.

There's obviously more of me criticising than there is of me praising him, as it's obviously my belief he's been poor in the league, so that's going to be the case. But to say I constantly criticise him and only praise him to "not look daft" is just not true - I comment on what I see, nothing more.

If Lukaku does well, I say he does well. BUT... if he does well one game then goes missing for a month, I'm going to be cynical when I see future instances of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back