Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
superb in holding everyone off for the ball that led to the Naismith goal,and held it up pretty well a lot of the match,looked like incredible hulk with his strength tonight at times

He then went on to mention the midfield and its lacking and backpasses. The philosophy is grinding our better players down - Mirallas is just the start.

The midfield 3 are scared of picking the ball up and worried about making mistakes. Its why we aimlessly pass it across the back 4. Barry's done. McCarthy isn't that kinda player. And Barkley is [Poor language removed] scared.

Gibson and Osman should be brought in more as they'll take that responsibility.

"Everyone scared to have the ball" Interview right now on ITV.

Unbelievable.

That's it for me. Confidence was on its knees. The drive coming from the stands filled the gaping hole in our mental strength by making playing like wimps not an option.

I don't believe we switched up tactics massively. Obviously we went looking for goals as we couldn't really afford not to have a lead for the second leg. Passing the ball sideways isn't a tactic, it's symptomatic of a horrific lack of confidence in the side where players are "scared to have the ball". Hopefully we can get that back and the results should come with it.

For what has been a pretty sub par season by his standards. He will still eclipse 20 goals for us this season which is saying something about the player he can be.

That's it for me. Confidence was on its knees. The drive coming from the stands filled the gaping hole in our mental strength by making playing like wimps not an option.

I don't believe we switched up tactics massively. Obviously we went looking for goals as we couldn't really afford not to have a lead for the second leg. Passing the ball sideways isn't a tactic, it's symptomatic of a horrific lack of confidence in the side where players are "scared to have the ball". Hopefully we can get that back and the results should come with it.

Ill whisper it really quiet so as not to upset or frighten anyone else so here it comes....ssshhhhhh......we have been playing like dikk heads all season - the sideways and backwards is part of the philosophy the setup the commandment from the guy at the top - the leader - the manager. It didnt work then and hasnt all season. It isnt confidence it is fear - fear of going against the boss because they disagree with his playschool ideas.

P45 time.

Martinez
Alcaraz
Kone

See ya!

Yep.

We pressed in two banks of 3 which we didn't do in the first half and made them make mistakes.

But no one wants to take responsibility. Barry picks the ball up off the defence, he's got no one in front of him to pass to and goes back. That's even if Barry picks up the ball because he doesn't want it most of the time so we go back and forth or just hoof it.

Its why we've probably done better in Europe than the league. Teams are more respectful of the possession game but Lukaku or Mirallas don't have the pressure of having to win the game like in the league, so play with more confidence.

Its why Gibson and Osman should come in IMO. They've been out for that long and have the experience to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back