Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill whisper it really quiet so as not to upset or frighten anyone else so here it comes....ssshhhhhh......we have been playing like dikk heads all season - the sideways and backwards is part of the philosophy the setup the commandment from the guy at the top - the leader - the manager. It didnt work then and hasnt all season. It isnt confidence it is fear - fear of going against the boss because they disagree with his playschool ideas.

P45 time.

Martinez
Alcaraz
Kone

See ya!

Nope. Patience and passing is though. If the players up top give us an option to go forward, we will. If they give us a chance to go forward with our passing every time, we will. They did last season as we had confidence. Same approach, totally different situation in terms of the players' mental states. As Lukaku said tonight they were scared to have the ball. They were scared of making mistakes.

I doubt they're scared of the manager though. He's clearly very tolerant when it comes to mistakes. He lets players like Naismith, Barkley and Lukaku make them and still gives them loads of game time as they can do the things that overall bring a net benefit (Barkley being an exception this season as he's had an exceptionally bad one).

Martinez has definitely made mistakes this season that have contributed to the lack of confidence like. That's my concern with him. He needs to keep confidence up as it's important to our play. He hasn't done that this season and the root of the problem is the pre-season we had imo.

It's bizarre watching him bundle through defences, like a ringer playing against younger kids. I've never seen anything like it at such a high level.

He's a pretty fascinating cat.

Absolutely incredible tonight. Remember all the talk of 'we're not playing to his strengths, can't play back to goal, awful first touch' etc. Well practice makes perfect. He's going to reap the benefits now as his former weaknesses looked his biggest strengths tonight. Could well turn in to the complete centre forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back