Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely shocking!

We create chances for luakaku in a game and he suddenly looks like a good striker?! Its like Martinez has found the master plan to winning games!

Seriously though, people like to fume about lukaku yet as i have said many times he never gets chances created for him so therefore as he doesnt have a 100% record people get on his back. What we saw last night all came from him being able to run at goal, having the ball played to him in the right positions rather than waiting for space to open up magically and playing for him, moving and getting into positions so he could create space around him, coleman epsecially!

but he isnt worth 28 million and he isnt that good of a player. I mean he is only;

1) Matched last seasons goal tally of 16 already and we have more matches to play, on course to break 20 goals for us which is what 28 million pounds brings to the teqam.

2) All time european goal scorer for the club, in only his first season.

3) scoring for fun in games we create chances for him, 10 this calender year so far, all in games where we are direct and fast.

4) He is doing all this at 21, so 20 goals a season minimum at 21 now, and he is only going to get better? Yet he isnt a top striker to some people?

I have always backed lukaku and it makes me smile to see him given the chance to play his game rather than martinez's. you talk about a 20 goal a season striker and we have one now, imagine how many he would have scored so far if we played the league games the same as the european ones? Easily 10 more in the last 28 games!

absolutely shocking!

We create chances for luakaku in a game and he suddenly looks like a good striker?! Its like Martinez has found the master plan to winning games!

Seriously though, people like to fume about lukaku yet as i have said many times he never gets chances created for him so therefore as he doesnt have a 100% record people get on his back. What we saw last night all came from him being able to run at goal, having the ball played to him in the right positions rather than waiting for space to open up magically and playing for him, moving and getting into positions so he could create space around him, coleman epsecially!

but he isnt worth 28 million and he isnt that good of a player. I mean he is only;

1) Matched last seasons goal tally of 16 already and we have more matches to play, on course to break 20 goals for us which is what 28 million pounds brings to the teqam.

2) All time european goal scorer for the club, in only his first season.

3) scoring for fun in games we create chances for him, 10 this calender year so far, all in games where we are direct and fast.

4) He is doing all this at 21, so 20 goals a season minimum at 21 now, and he is only going to get better? Yet he isnt a top striker to some people?

I have always backed lukaku and it makes me smile to see him given the chance to play his game rather than martinez's. you talk about a 20 goal a season striker and we have one now, imagine how many he would have scored so far if we played the league games the same as the european ones? Easily 10 more in the last 28 games!

Fairplay Ash... I berate him for not leading from the front sometimes and lack of effort (as referenced by the fact he hardly wins any headers cos he cba) but can't expect your young 21 year old to 'lead' a team he's only just joined eh? Tiny bit lazy and likes a winge but that's attitude and will change. Think he's got silks for a big lad, heavy as fok too.

Fairplay Ash... I berate him for not leading from the front sometimes and lack of effort (as referenced by the fact he hardly wins any headers cos he cba) but can't expect your young 21 year old to 'lead' a team he's only just joined eh? Tiny bit lazy and likes a winge but that's attitude and will change. Think he's got silks for a big lad, heavy as fok too.

I like to watch him on the pitch and if you go back and watch the first half hour last night you will see what i mean. the midfield is passing to each other or passing it back. Everyone seems stuck in place and you will see luakaku running backwards and forwards between defenders basically trying to get a chance made for him. After around 5-10 seconds when he sees whats happening he gives up! this is why he isnt ripping up trees in the league, spend 70 minutes a game doing that isnt going to score goals. But pass the ball to him in the box and run off him, give him the ball to run at defenders and create the chances for him and he suddenly transforms into a world beater.

He is nowhere near the finished article mate no, i agree. He has plenty of time to improve in areas, and the analogy i like to use is Drogba. He wasnt even playing top flight french football until he was like 24, very similar player to lukaku and roms on course to eclipse him as a top 'strong' goalscorer.

We will lose him in a couple of years.

Then we will be back looking for 15+ goal strikers.

3 season on the bounce now he has scored 15+ we just are not utilising his strengths.

He played well last night. When the balls got knocked in behind them and / or he had the chance to run at them ... he frightened the life out of them.

One of my favourite goals of the season last night that first one. Loved the way he bulldozed his way through what seemed like about 8 snide lunges and still put through a belter of a through ball. Great finish by Naismith as well but just boss boss boss play by Lukaku.

Gonna score 20+ this season, can't argue with that return especially given the fact the team has been off-form for most of the season

Still cannot make my mind up. Ist touch and control was near perfect last night. Sometimes he looks like a right donkey. Gosh his form goes from one extreme to another.

Still cannot make my mind up. Ist touch and control was near perfect last night. Sometimes he looks like a right donkey. Gosh his form goes from one extreme to another.

Infuriating innit. If his performances were even half of what it was last night consistently in the league he'd be a monster of a striker for us.

I like to watch him on the pitch and if you go back and watch the first half hour last night you will see what i mean. the midfield is passing to each other or passing it back. Everyone seems stuck in place and you will see luakaku running backwards and forwards between defenders basically trying to get a chance made for him. After around 5-10 seconds when he sees whats happening he gives up! this is why he isnt ripping up trees in the league, spend 70 minutes a game doing that isnt going to score goals. But pass the ball to him in the box and run off him, give him the ball to run at defenders and create the chances for him and he suddenly transforms into a world beater.

He is nowhere near the finished article mate no, i agree. He has plenty of time to improve in areas, and the analogy i like to use is Drogba. He wasnt even playing top flight french football until he was like 24, very similar player to lukaku and roms on course to eclipse him as a top 'strong' goalscorer.

That's the problem. And when he gives up, any chance of the team sparking to life is over, as we need him to not be anonymous to do anything.

He stood up last night and took the game by the neck and throttled it - he hasn't done that once in the league this season. I'm praying he goes on a run now and destroys the Geordies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back