Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still stand by my statement its an absolute breath of fresh air to have a striker scoring ( albeit penos ) so frequently, it has been such a long time.

cropped_Lukaku123.gif
There's definitely an argument to making the striker the main penalty taker. It's a lot less likely they'll go on droughts. The statistics that people seem to keep mentioning almost never include how many penalties.

Confidence/working with dunc? Who knows, but the big fella has looked unplayable in the last 2 games. Getting some great balls into helps as well.

Still needs to work on his first touch, but he's growing into being an Everton centre forward nicely now. Growing in confidence on the ball and with the ball in front of him he can bully defenders.

Fair enough. I still think he could go either way - it's the application of his talent. He needs to be consistent in the league, instead of being consistently awful.

Two really good games on the spin and, more importantly, today was in the league, so let's see him keep it up. If he does, we're a different Everton and it's a sound £28m investment.
He hasn't been awful. He's simply learning and since he's 21 that is to be expected.

8 goals in the league and 15 in all competitions isn't bad. Look back at other striker's goal rates like Drogba.

I said to my dad that watching the Kiev game I thought I was watching the boy become a man because for the first time he really used his strength. Newcastle was the same. If this lad could do that regularly then he could become the most effective striker in the world. 28m wouldn't then be sound but a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back