Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be our Player of The Season. 100%.
0df5133a2f5b4f987d72126cf57cea1faa89a8de.jpg

His link up play for Macca's goal was exquisite. Couple of great touches
Definitely seen a massive improvement in that front, albeit a gradual one over the course of this season.
Still not got it consistently, but he's shown that he can and is adding it to his game

It looks like the pennies dropped for Martinez regarding this lad. You heard what Reid had to say when he played against Dinamo. He wouldn't have him messing about coming short, get him on the last man terrifying people.

He is a latter day Duncan Fergusan. Not as good technically, but a bit quicker and a slightly better finisher. But like Fergusan he will terrify defences. Like Royle did for Fergusan we have to play people to suit his game.

We are doing that more now and the you can see the results. The fact he is only 2 goals fewer than Costa, who cost around 10 million more and is a few years older says a lot.

He seems to have added a new and unique move to his game which I like. He sort of stops running to let the defender run into him and then carry on, leaving the defender poleaxed. He did this a few times in the lead up to Naismiths goal against Kiev

He's made big improvements in the air this last month or so as well. Duncan's coaching paying off?

The improvements in his play from Dunc's coaching is so clear to see. First half of the season he never used his strength and won nothing in the air. And look at him now.

Anyone else a little bemused (happily so) that his first touch has seemed so much better over the last two games? I assumed it was an aspect of his game that was weak, but perhaps up until last Wednesday nobody had suggested an alternative to making the ball bounce 50 yards from his kneecap.

I don't know which Duncan Ferguson people used to watch, but Lukaku is a way better player. Ferguson was more like Fellaini, when he was fit enough to play that is.

I think it's more that some of the major weaknesses in Lukaku's game were some of Ferguson's major strengths.

Anyone else a little bemused (happily so) that his first touch has seemed so much better over the last two games? I assumed it was an aspect of his game that was weak, but perhaps up until last Wednesday nobody had suggested an alternative to making the ball bounce 50 yards from his kneecap.
It's enabled us to play it long. There was no point going direct if he was going to shin everything 6 yards away.

I think it's more that some of the major weaknesses in Lukaku's game were some of Ferguson's major strengths.
It's a fair point, if he can add heading and hold-up play to his strength, positioning and shot accuracy we will have one hell of a player

Not bemused - I'm outright startled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back