Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't at all be surprised if he says at the end of the season that this has been his best ever and i know a lot on here will laugh at it, but he'll probably be right.

he's looked terrible at times, but he's improved his all round game vastly as the season has worn on imo. he'll be utter crud tomorrow, we all know it haha he's matured a lot i believe.
Especially since Malanda died he seems to have taken on far more responsibility and driven the team forward, especially in the cups.

Guess that when that happens to someone your age close to you it you makes you realise that you should seize the day as you never know what the future holds

This garbage is in the Mirror - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/evertons-romelu-lukaku-transfer-target-5358277

They start with "Baulked at Chelsea's asking price" and proceed onto "Owned by Volkswagen, money is no object". This is absolutely garbage journalism.

Also, 33 Million ? Has to be plucked out of thin air that. Why would we accept a 'profit' of 5 million ? Not a chance. Double it then lets answer the phone.

He's not going anywhere for a while, certainly not for that price.

On the other hand, if I were Wolfsburg, I'd break the bank for him. I can see why they'd be having a go. A top quality striker is the main thing they're missing, and the kicker - he'd have De Bruyne behind him. National teammates and great friends.

This garbage is in the Mirror - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/evertons-romelu-lukaku-transfer-target-5358277

They start with "Baulked at Chelsea's asking price" and proceed onto "Owned by Volkswagen, money is no object". This is absolutely garbage journalism.

Also, 33 Million ? Has to be plucked out of thin air that. Why would we accept a 'profit' of 5 million ? Not a chance. Double it then lets answer the phone.
Mirror trying to sell one of our players a few hours before a big game - what a surprise.

I don't mean that in a "they are out to get us" way. But the only time they pay attention is for a big game, they probably wonder what on earth they can write and a "x player wanted by y club for z money" story requires no quotes and about 5 minutes to produce. Print that and an article with a few Martinez comments from the press conference and they can have the "Everton" section wrapped up in 15 minutes tops.

Unlucky boys:

mn21sp.jpg

The Mirror really are a joke of a paper.

Mirror trying to sell one of our players a few hours before a big game - what a surprise.

I don't mean that in a "they are out to get us" way. But the only time they pay attention is for a big game, they probably wonder what on earth they can write and a "x player wanted by y club for z money" story requires no quotes and about 5 minutes to produce.
I mostly agree - but it does become fairly difficult NOT to wonder if they're out to get us.

Someone did an analysis (apparently they have too much time on their hands) about a year ago, and apparently the Mirror ran - over the course of a year or so - about 2.5 times as many stories linking our players with moves as they did with the players of the next nearest Premier League team

He's not going anywhere for a while, certainly not for that price.

On the other hand, if I were Wolfsburg, I'd break the bank for him. I can see why they'd be having a go. A top quality striker is the main thing they're missing, and the kicker - he'd have De Bruyne behind him. National teammates and great friends.

Reckon they'll do well to still have De Bruyne next season.

Im suprised the Mirror didnt say some daft like Man City are putting in a 25m bid to give Lukaku the Champions League experience he so wants, or United in swap for Januzaj if they get top 4...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back