Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone hear Roberto being interviewed on talkSPORT just now?

Brazil asked him about the reported £30 million offer from Wolfsburg and said "he's not going anywhere, is he?"

Roberto then gave a politician's answer when he sang Rom's praises and went on about hiw much he had developed physically and how he wants to "be the best".

At no point did he say "No, we would not consider any offer from Wolfsburg and he won't be leaving".

Anyone hear Roberto being interviewed on talkSPORT just now?

Brazil asked him about the reported £30 million offer from Wolfsburg and said "he's not going anywhere, is he?"

Roberto then gave a politician's answer when he sang Rom's praises and went on about hiw much he had developed physically and how he wants to "be the best".

At no point did he say "No, we would not consider any offer from Wolfsburg and he won't be leaving".

Mate, we'd consider a bid for any of our players. Even Rom.

Always been the way. And will be until Sheikh Loadsamoney comes in.

Mate, we'd consider a bid for any of our players. Even Rom.

Always been the way. And will be until Sheikh Loadsamoney comes in.

I appreciate that.....and if a £50 million bid from say, Bayern Munich or Juventus came in I guess that would be that.

It's just you wouldn't think a bid of little more than we paid for him from a team which is a minnow in European terms would be tempting to either EFC or Rom.

I appreciate that.....and if a £50 million bid from say, Bayern Munich or Juventus came in I guess that would be that.

It's just you wouldn't think a bid of little more than we paid for him from a team which is a minnow in European terms would be tempting to either EFC or Rom.

With Everton I honestly wouldnt be shocked mate. And Lukaku is a funny lad. Seems to think very highly of himself, rightly or wrongly.

If he got wind of a bid from say a Champions League team I wouldn't be shocked to see him kick up a fuss about it.

With Everton I honestly wouldnt be shocked mate. And Lukaku is a funny lad. Seems to think very highly of himself, rightly or wrongly.

If he got wind of a bid from say a Champions League team I wouldn't be shocked to see him kick up a fuss about it.

Yep I could see him being tempted to a move to Wolfsburg. They're building a decent side there. Would want more than 30m though plus hopefully he's with us for another 2 seasons.

Oh my god will people stop going on about this Wolfsburg story?

It's absolute garbage dreamt up by the tabloids. SURELY people have learned this by now - the only difference with this story is that they bothered to actually do a little research into which clubs were interested in him last summer before he signed for us.

And herein lies the problem.
Rebuff all offers unless mammoth proportions.
Keep him, only to become the next Benteke.
Very good season so far for him. Next year ....who knows.

Hopefully its with us like.

And herein lies the problem.
Rebuff all offers unless mammoth proportions.
Keep him, only to become the next Benteke.
Very good season so far for him. Next year ....who knows.

Hopefully its with us like.
how could he become the new benteke though haha, he has proven he's more consistent than him.

past few seasons for them:
Lukaku 17 - 16 - 18 (so far)

Benteke 23 - 11 - 6...

how could he become the new benteke though haha, he has proven he's more consistent than him.

past few seasons for them:
Lukaku 17 - 16 - 18 (so far)

Benteke 23 - 11 - 6...
Not refering to his goal ratio mate.
Both players wanting to play at the very top.
Serious injury put paid to Benteke when his "stock" was high.
If he'd have stayed fit he wouldnt be at Villa.
One unexpected setback can make a world of difference.

Not refering to his goal ratio mate.
Both players wanting to play at the very top.
Serious injury put paid to Benteke when his "stock" was high.
If he'd have stayed fit he wouldnt be at Villa.
One unexpected setback can make a world of difference.
i think lukaku is well ahead in ability and potential though, he's already come back from one or two biggish injuries and been fine with it.

I don't really think we can be fear mongering about 'future' prices when it's not a very good mentality to have.

He's our best striker for about twenty years, and if you want to get into champions league, you have to do your best to keep him.

He isn't the type of lad to want to jump ship after one bad season, i don't think that's his mentality at all.

He does think he can be one of the best, but that's the mentality that all the greats have to have. I'm sure in a few years if we don't win things, and don't get champions league he will leave.

But i think he'll give us a good few years of trying to do so before he wants to go.

Oh my god will people stop going on about this Wolfsburg story?

It's absolute garbage dreamt up by the tabloids. SURELY people have learned this by now - the only difference with this story is that they bothered to actually do a little research into which clubs were interested in him last summer before he signed for us.

Not quite rubbish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back