Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of whether its been said, who here doesnt think his agent is currently ringing up every club in Europe asking them if they fancy him?
Also the clubs in question reply yeah, but how much is he gonna cost.. when £70 Mill bracket is bandied to the potential suiters, they hang up the phone. Suggest to roberto to call up this agent and ask if we can put a £70Mill price on Lukaku and confirm he's here for his CONTRACT!

Also the clubs in question reply yeah, but how much is he gonna cost.. when £70 Mill bracket is bandied to the potential suiters, they hang up the phone. Suggest to roberto to call up this agent and ask if we can put a £70Mill price on Lukaku and confirm he's here for his CONTRACT!

Hes here for 18 more months, enjoy it.

Forgive me, I didnt even LOL at your 70m bracket comment.

If somebody offered us 35m+ we would sell him in a flash.

I was being sarcastic, but since you put it like that, £35 Mill + is an improvement on what we paid so is that not good business, the point I was trying to prove is that we are in no hurry to sell either this or the next transfer window until an offer we deem to be good enough to prise with him is met. Why pick £35 Mill, why not £40 mill or £50 mill. surely in 3 years time inflation would have took a 20 goal a season striker to above the £30Mill bracket margin, let alone a developing youngster who can become a regular 20-30 goal a season striker.

I was being sarcastic, but since you put it like that, £35 Mill + is an improvement on what we paid so is that not good business, the point I was trying to prove is that we are in no hurry to sell either this or the next transfer window until an offer we deem to be good enough to prise with him is met. Why pick £35 Mill, why not £40 mill or £50 mill. surely in 3 years time inflation would have took a 20 goal a season striker to above the £30Mill bracket margin, let alone a developing youngster who can become a regular 20-30 goal a season striker.

I didnt give you a value for in 3 years time cos its not 2018 is it Friend? When, he will have a year left on his contract, so I would suggest in 3 years time, we are looking at around 25m.

Regardless of whether its been said, who here doesnt think his agent is currently ringing up every club in Europe asking them if they fancy him?
Not entirely sure he is tbh, regardless of his agents words Rom isn't as good as Costa or equivalent right now, he needs regular minutes to get to that level - bit like Pogba did when he left United. Lukaku doesn't strike me as particularly interested in money even if his agent is, looks like he wants the fame of being an excellent striker.

There may be a few places like Wolfsburg where he would be first choice starter, play in the CL and who could also afford our fee but don't think it is a particularly long list. Unless one of them are keen, probably better to wait, hope he has a good season next year and aim for him playing a blinder in the Euro's and landing a big money move on the back of that.

Not entirely sure he is tbh, regardless of his agents words Rom isn't as good as Costa or equivalent right now, he needs regular minutes to get to that level - bit like Pogba did when he left United. Lukaku doesn't strike me as particularly interested in money even if his agent is, looks like he wants the fame of being an excellent striker.

There may be a few places like Wolfsburg where he would be first choice starter, play in the CL and who could also afford our fee but don't think it is a particularly long list. Unless one of them are keen, probably better to wait, hope he has a good season next year and aim for him playing a blinder in the Euro's and landing a big money move on the back of that.

I dont think he will be sold this Summer, but im sure his Agent has made phone calls, that was more my point.

I'd be more interested in him playing blinders next season to propel us into the top 4 and make us a big team... Then he's not needing to move as he'd already be at the BIG CLUB and have the CL footy his agent apparently is selling him on for!

I'd be more interested in him playing blinders next season to propel us into the top 4 and make us a big team... Then he's not needing to move as he'd already be at the BIG CLUB and have the CL footy his agent apparently is selling him on for!
I was meaning from the agents point of view not our own.

Unless we make CL regularly and have the financial security that and a new stadium brings, no agent is going to consider us a big club - you only have to look over at Liverpool to see that.

I was meaning from the agents point of view not our own.

Unless we make CL regularly and have the financial security that and a new stadium brings, no agent is going to consider us a big club - you only have to look over at Liverpool to see that.

I feel a lot of Agents will see Liverpool as a big club, look at the players they have been linked with compared to us with Cleverly, even with Liverpool not getting CL footy they will still sign upwards of £50 Mill of players each year and one of those is likely to be a big money signing (Suarez, Henderson, Downing & Carroll 2010/11 (finished 6th), Sturridge, Coutinho 2012/13 (finished 6th) 2 examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back