Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss that team with the Yak leading and the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Jagielka, Lescott all in their prime. Reaching the League cup semi final (Yak's bulleted goal away at Chelsea sparked some superb celebrations), the fantastic match against Fiorentina at Goodison (shame about the pens), finishing 5th in the league. Good times and a good team.
That sort of chitter chatter is not allowed they were the dark days when every ball was knocked one way....Long

Sell Two whinging uber-ego'd Belgians for around £40M-50M and buy another Belgian and Ukranian for about £30M. Then spend £10M on upgrading the hot-dog stands and the betting stall under the Bullens and maybe have £10M for a Barca speed merchant. Simples really, and everyone's a winner.

Benteke and Konoplyanka.

Now that's just silly.
Yakubu was a better player than Lukaku is now. No doubts about it, better touch, better vision, better link up play, held the ball up an switched play fantastically and a much better finisher, his stats from 07/08 were what I was expecting from Lukaku this season. Even the season after he started like a house on fire until Spurs away ended his season.

Strangely, at that point in time when he scored for Pompey against us, I don't think we did have him. English is a difficult language to get to grips with, but good luck with it anyway :)
I re read an got it but it was too late and I made a mistake in thinking you were referring to the net buster he hit for us V Pompey.

Yakubu was a better player than Lukaku is now. No doubts about it, better touch, better vision, better link up play, held the ball up an switched play fantastically and a much better finisher, his stats from 07/08 were what I was expecting from Lukaku this season. Even the season after he started like a house on fire until Spurs away ended his season.

I'd agree.

But Lukaku has massive potential considering his age and physique. My concern is whether he has the mental strength and the desire to dedicate himself to being one of the best, and unfortunately I just don't see that at present. Barkley suffers from the same problem.

Sell Two whinging uber-ego'd Belgians for around £40M-50M and buy another Belgian and Ukranian for about £30M. Then spend £10M on upgrading the hot-dog stands and the betting stall under the Bullens and maybe have £10M for a Barca speed merchant. Simples really, and everyone's a winner.

Benteke and Konoplyanka.
No chance on them targets both want CL

I re read an got it but it was too late and I made a mistake in thinking you were referring to the net buster he hit for us V Pompey.

He was a joy to watch at times. If ever an injury ruined what could have been icon-status at a Club Yaks was it.

I miss that team with the Yak leading and the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Jagielka, Lescott all in their prime. Reaching the League cup semi final (Yak's bulleted goal away at Chelsea sparked some superb celebrations), the fantastic match against Fiorentina at Goodison (shame about the pens), finishing 5th in the league. Good times and a good team.
What's this? You can't do well in Europe AND the league at the same time!

Do these comments coming from everton players undermine Martinez? Undoubtedly. It's the new breed of player though. Difficult to control. Fans are fickle as well tho. The crowd across the park hail a new king every year wanting to place gold statues of some icon (hendo being the latest) outside analfield only for the icon to shag off and shack up with a better bit of Totti. U have to be realistic now days and put up with some waffle from players. They need to produce the goods regularly tho. If they only bit part producers move em on and get in the dough

That side deserved to win something, arguably our best Prem era team. I still think had we beaten Fiorentina that night we would have won the tournament.

Regarding Lukaku I have no problem with him wanting to win things. That is what we all want as fans.
Hopefully they have a good long look at what went wrong last season and sort it for the next campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back