Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dare he have hopes and aspirations for himself.

He should be content with the seventh place trophy and the pipe dream of playing in a new stadium surrounded by fans who boo and call him lazy.

Just saw the interview clips that sky are running on Ssn. To be honest, I don't have any problem with his comments. He said he was happy at Everton, has a 4 year contract but you never know. Nowadays most players wont commit any more than that. The stuff about champions league is fine with me. I'd rather he say that than saying he is happy to finish 11th every season.

Funny thing is that neither he nor mirallas have actually played to champions league level this year so I'm not sure any established CL would actually want them. Particularly given we will not sell lukaku for less than we paid.

Just saw the interview clips that sky are running on Ssn. To be honest, I don't have any problem with his comments. He said he was happy at Everton, has a 4 year contract but you never know. Nowadays most players wont commit any more than that. The stuff about champions league is fine with me. I'd rather he say that than saying he is happy to finish 11th every season.

Funny thing is that neither he nor mirallas have actually played to champions league level this year so I'm not sure any established CL would actually want them. Particularly given we will not sell lukaku for less than we paid.

Spot on. Getting ideas above his station if he thinks he's currently CL quality. He's far from it, at the moment.

Unless he means CL 1st preliminary qualifying round for Kuusysi Lahti.

To an extent but like you said, it's the modern day player. If we had a good season you can bet they would be keeping their mouths shut but because it was a shocker they're looking for every chance to speak up and not affect their reputation despite the fact that most of the squad under performed. Raiola has been having a word with him that's for sure.
Not aiming this at you, but I think the modern day fan is more of a pain than the modern day player. Why anyone pays attention to anything that a footballer/coach/agent etc says in an interview is beyond me.

Spot on. Getting ideas above his station if he thinks he's currently CL quality. He's far from it, at the moment.

Unless he means CL 1st preliminary qualifying round for Kuusysi Lahti.

Well he hasn't said that specifically though. He's said he wants to win things. He also said if a player wants to leave he will leave (I think this may even relate to Kev!) but that he is very happy at Everton and has no intention to go yet.

In spite of his scum bag agent, Rom actually has a very mature head on his shoulders. He's 22 and ambitious, and despite not having the greatest of seasons has scored 20 goals, and in fairness he's right about how Martinez played him out wide at the start of the season.

He knows this is the best place for him, if only to get consistent first team football in the lead up to the Euros next year. If he has a good tournament, at the age of 23, with 3 years left on his deal, then he could easily for something in the region of £40/50mil. He knows that, and Everton do too.

If we sold him right now, there's not a chance in hell we could hope to make a profit. Not to say he's been a failure, but simply that he's done nothing to add value to his original fee.

He's being the joint top-scorer in the EL and has scored 10 in the Prem. He's 22. Yes you could argue he was over-priced originally, but if somebody came in for him, he could demand £30mil, simply because of what we paid for him.

Well he hasn't said that specifically though. He's said he wants to win things. He also said if a player wants to leave he will leave (I think this may even relate to Kev!) but that he is very happy at Everton and has no intention to go yet.

In spite of his scum bag agent, Rom actually has a very mature head on his shoulders. He's 22 and ambitious, and despite not having the greatest of seasons has scored 20 goals, and in fairness he's right about how Martinez played him out wide at the start of the season.

He knows this is the best place for him, if only to get consistent first team football in the lead up to the Euros next year. If he has a good tournament, at the age of 23, with 3 years left on his deal, then he could easily for something in the region of £40/50mil. He knows that, and Everton do too.

I appreciate he hasn't said he wants to leave to get CL football, but this present squad is not good enough to get CL football. But by saying he wants it, he either believes a) he - and the team - are good enough to claim a CL spot or b) he is good enough to get a transfer to a CL club. Both are pretty way off the mark.

I like Rom and I hope it comes good for him but I have my doubts.

I'd rather he say "We all underperformed last season ,but with a few quality signings we'll be back fighting for a Champs lge place"
"Then I'll prove I'm good enough to play at the highest level"...ffs

I'd be more disappointed if he said he was not fussed about Champions League or winning trophies.
If he said he was happy with finishing where we usually finish he'd be pilloried for having no ambition; if he says he's ambitious he's a Judas in the making. There's literally no comment that can satisfy some people who just dont like Lukaku.

I can see why they dont like him too. I dont like him either. I hate that he's scored 36 goals for Everton in his two seasons here, and that he's the most potent top league striker for his age.

We dont need that sort of character around and we need to do everything we can to rid ourselves of this influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back