Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
No movement WHAT SO EVER though. None !

He stands still at times and doesn't anticipate anything. Its no wonder he is caught offside so much and then has that facial expression that only a plank has ' ohhhhh was i supposed to move '

Thats just wrong, simply wrong.

Ross never lifts his head, he makes dozens of runs a game, and out sluggish entire midfield can never get a pass off too him!!

Thats just wrong, simply wrong.

Ross never lifts his head, he makes dozens of runs a game, and out sluggish entire midfield can never get a pass off too him!!
He's thick as two short planks. Has a lot to learn. Countless times he lays the ball off and just stands there watching the play unfold as if he's done his part. Keep a close eye on him when we're in the final third; unless the cross is pin point perfect, its almost pointless crossing for Lukaku at the moment. Hardly ever creates a yard of space for himself and thats why our midfield can never get pass off to him. We have some excellent ball playing midfielders at our club, players who can knock it about nicely and create.

We need another top striker to go along with Luke Akku.

Get a deadly partnership going.

Kone ain't the man.

Get him to grow his dreads back, sign Kenwyne Jones. Not just a prolific partnership but it will cause confusion for the opposition defence " eh, you mark Jones! " " Which one is Jones?? "
We could do it cheaper by dying Hibbo's skin black, bulking him up a bit and giving him a wig and new contract.

He's thick as two short planks. Has a lot to learn. Countless times he lays the ball off and just stands there watching the play unfold as if he's done his part. Keep a close eye on him when we're in the final third; unless the cross is pin point perfect, its almost pointless crossing for Lukaku at the moment. Hardly ever creates a yard of space for himself and thats why our midfield can never get pass off to him. We have some excellent ball playing midfielders at our club, players who can knock it about nicely and create.

I think we watch completely diferent games, mate.

That is harsh. His biggest weakness is his movement, but this is only made even more apparent by the pedestrian way we approach games. In games were we play at a high tempo on the counter attacking (arsenal at home last year) rom was fantastic utilising his power and pace. All season he has played on the shoulder of the last man, but our midfield has lacked the quality and ability to release him. I am not suggesting Lukaku is the finished article, far from it but I don't think we have played to the lads strengths in the majority of games in which he has played.

That is harsh. His biggest weakness is his movement, but this is only made even more apparent by the pedestrian way we approach games. In games were we play at a high tempo on the counter attacking (arsenal at home last year) rom was fantastic utilising his power and pace. All season he has played on the shoulder of the last man, but our midfield has lacked the quality and ability to release him. I am not suggesting Lukaku is the finished article, far from it but I don't think we have played to the lads strengths in the majority of games in which he has played.

You can only release him if he moves though. Its why 9 times out of 10 the ball is played into Lukaku with his back to goal... because he just stands there. Maybe its instructions from Martinez but he just won't run into space which will drag defenders with him, making space for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back