Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some great finishing and assists there. The assist against Kiev would usually have been the best of the season but I guess Gibson's against Young Boys was something else.

7 assists and 20 goals in an under-performing side. 7 assists. Clearly not as useless outside the 18 yard box as many would suggest.

It really doesn't matter how many times the ball bounces off him if he's going to get those kind of numbers every season.

Some of our fans would rather marcus bents than Lukaku's.....and its all they deserve.

He's only said he wants to win stuff and doesn't like playing on the wing. He's not said he's unhappy/wants to leave/caught Martinez slotting his mar.

He's been selling himself in the rags atleast 3 times inside 6 months. Straight out of his own mouth that talk. It's disrespectful towards everton and fans. I cant stand it.

Cant even remember precisely but it has been all about him self and his ambitions as a player...just like no one but himself would be ambitious like. Agent change has had effect too. From now on I call it media whoring..Ffs.

I don't understand why a player coming out and stating his career ambitions is causing such a stink with fans tbh. Each to their own and all that.

Cant even remember precisely but it has been all about him self and his ambitions as a player...just like no one but himself would be ambitious like. Agent change has had effect too. From now on I call it media whoring..Ffs.

Maybe you need to just relax a bit more mate, if you don't know what you are angry about, then maybe you need to look at what you are getting out of football !?!

He's been selling himself in the rags atleast 3 times inside 6 months. Straight out of his own mouth that talk. It's disrespectful towards everton and fans. I cant stand it.

Disrespectful. One of the modern football's fan favourite words. It's not, he's saying what he'd like to do with his life and his future. Adults should be able to deal with that.

I don't understand why a player coming out and stating his career ambitions is causing such a stink with fans tbh. Each to their own and all that.

It's because those words can very easily be construed as want-away talk. When a player at a club who hasn't won a thing for 20 years says they want to win stuff, it's very easy to read that as 'I want to leave in order to win stuff'. If they want to stay and win stuff, make that clearer in their interviews.

Quotes like these unsettle the fans; soon as a few poor performances come along the fans assume they've given up / they're sulking, player gets fed up, fans get fed up, player asks for a move.

If you're a pro footballer, we all know what you're ambitions are. Just keep schtum and play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back