Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like some people just really want to be annoyed at football players.

How is it disrespectful? I really doubt the team cared

i think annoyance wouldnt be nothing but natural reaction from the team. anyways. ive said it many times, i love him, he's utterly boss and talented, young too...BUT..with these comments he's marketing himself, it's disrespecting and selfish. he must know that best way to market himself is to score goals and let that do the talking. unsettling the fanbase (and the team too) isnt good for anyone.
all im saying, i think he isnt that foolish. he knows what it means, this talk.

"It's time to win something" - comment is interesting.

firstly i think he states the obvious. but in a way this comment is useless and futile.
i see it as a ultimatum. he puts the pressure on the club (thats ok in a way) but the ultimatum clearly has other meaning too
-> "ok ok, I can stay for now...but if we dont win anything this season im outta here"

i think annoyance wouldnt be nothing but natural reaction from the team. anyways. ive said it many times, i love him, he's utterly boss and talented, young too...BUT..with these comments he's marketing himself, it's disrespecting and selfish. he must know that best way to market himself is to score goals and let that do the talking. unsettling the fanbase (and the team too) isnt good for anyone.
all im saying, i think he isnt that foolish. he knows what it means, this talk.

"It's time to win something" - comment is interesting.

firstly i think he states the obvious. but in a way this comment is useless and futile.
i see it as a ultimatum. he puts the pressure on the club (thats ok in a way) but the ultimatum clearly has other meaning too
-> "ok ok, I can stay for now...but if we dont win anything this season im outta here"

Like you I am like Rom. But as for that comment, I would respond "It's time for you to learn to control a ball and score more goals"

Regardless of the loan at west brom, he's at his third club and has an agent making blatant overtures about him wanting Rom to move on.

That's a pretty daft argument. He would still be at Chelsea if he'd had a look in. And if a team like Chelsea come calling on a Belgian team with nearly £20m then neither you or your club turn that down.

No doubt this will be his last season here if we don't make the top 4, even winning a cup won't change that. The one good thing about Rom's transfer was at least there's a 100% chance of getting our money back so replacing him won't necessarily be the problem people envisage. How much would that lad Bacca lad at Seville cost for example? There are plenty of class strikers out there for 28m, some of them better than Rom in fact

Everton assistant boss Graeme Jones has been speaking to their official website about Romelu Lukaku, saying the Belgian striker will improve on his 20-goal tally next season..

Although, Jones does admit that the club are working on Lukaku's hold-up play. Interesting stuff.

PA-23107021.jpg

Everton's Romelu Lukaku

“Certainly any balls into space, he [Rom] is world-class,” Jones explained to evertontv. “He can hurt anybody – he is a goal machine.

“If we can feed him a little bit more, which will be the idea next season, there will be more goals to come from him.

“If you assess his West Ham performance [in May], for the first 20 minutes he held up every ball then for the next 20 minutes he didn’t hold a ball up. With Rom, we’ve spoken quite a lot about his back-to-goal play – it’s not something that comes natural to him, even though he has improved this season. Rome wasn’t built in a day and it takes time.

“We concentrate on his strengths – he’s 6ft 3in and 16 stone, lightning quick and if he gets it on that left foot, it will more often than not end up in the back of the net.

“With any player, they have strengths and weaknesses, and Rom is more aware of them than anybody else.”

-

This is encouraging. They've recognized exactly what most people have assessed about him.

Everton assistant boss Graeme Jones has been speaking to their official website about Romelu Lukaku, saying the Belgian striker will improve on his 20-goal tally next season..

Although, Jones does admit that the club are working on Lukaku's hold-up play. Interesting stuff.

PA-23107021.jpg

Everton's Romelu Lukaku

“Certainly any balls into space, he [Rom] is world-class,” Jones explained to evertontv. “He can hurt anybody – he is a goal machine.

“If we can feed him a little bit more, which will be the idea next season, there will be more goals to come from him.

“If you assess his West Ham performance [in May], for the first 20 minutes he held up every ball then for the next 20 minutes he didn’t hold a ball up. With Rom, we’ve spoken quite a lot about his back-to-goal play – it’s not something that comes natural to him, even though he has improved this season. Rome wasn’t built in a day and it takes time.

“We concentrate on his strengths – he’s 6ft 3in and 16 stone, lightning quick and if he gets it on that left foot, it will more often than not end up in the back of the net.

“With any player, they have strengths and weaknesses, and Rom is more aware of them than anybody else.”

-

This is encouraging. They've recognized exactly what most people have assessed about him.

Really? From what i've read on here most people don't think it matters what else he does on the pitch as long as he scores goals.

Which unsurprisngly, as shown by those comments from Jones, is complete rubbish as some of us have constantly tried to point out.

Remember all those times we had decent teams but strikers who stunk the place out? People asked just where we'd bne if we had a 20 a season striker. Well we got one and finished 11th.

Not all his fault obviously, but only scoring 11 (i think) PL goals and poor hold up play certainly didn't help.

Id rather he scores 5 goals next season and improved the rest of his game, thus improving the team and getting us higher up in the league than scoring 15 but constantly losing posession which breaks down attacks and starts opposition attacks.

Ideally i'd like him to score 20 and improve his all round game, then we truly would have something special.

I wonder what if it feels like to a stacked team.

Lukaku is a quality player, no doubt in my mind. But imagine having players of his calibre in multiple positions?

One day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back