Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would take an absolutely enormous bid for us to even consider it.

Next summer, if we're not in the top 4, he's 100% gone and that's fine as he's top class and ambitious and we'll still get an astronomical fee, but I can't see him going this summer for the life of me.

As far as he's concerned, this is the best place for him for the time being, as he's not the finished article yet. There's much less pressure and scrutiny on him here as opposed to at a United which can harm players' performances (see Falcao).

Amazing really.

Guardian links us with Payet, every one accepts it as gospel. The daily mail says we are going to sign Del, it's taken as gospel once again.

Daily mail links John Stone's to Man Utd " Full of rubbish that !! " now Lakaku is getting linked to Man Utd that's a load of tosh as well.

Seriously people, you need to get a grip.

You know who you are.

Yes, you!!!

To be fare, cridible sources have linked us to Deulofeu since the mail.

Would take an absolutely enormous bid for us to even consider it.

Next summer, if we're not in the top 4, he's 100% gone and that's fine as he's top class and ambitious and we'll still get an astronomical fee, but I can't see him going this summer for the life of me.

As far as he's concerned, this is the best place for him for the time being, as he's not the finished article yet. There's much less pressure and scrutiny on him here as opposed to at a United which can harm players' performances (see Falcao).

I genuinely think people are deluded if they think that we won't make a fairly big profit on him. He's in his early 20's, has been banging them in for a poor West Brom side and in the last couple of seasons for us and is now well known in this league. You've got ridiculous prices being paid all over the world and we've sold some of our best players for high prices in the last 10 years.

What makes people think we're just going to accept £30-£35m for him? And there will be some who come on and ridicule the idea that we will get that much for him too.

We don't need to sell him yet and that's what people won't accept, whether that's Evertonians desperate to do him down and be negative, or fans of other clubs or the media who want to disrupt us. Kenwright and Martinez did great getting him in when they did.

I reckon one of two things will happen this season. He will either get us in to Europe or the top 4 with loads of goals and will be off in the summer. But for no less than about £40m.

Or, he will have an average season, as will Everton, and no one will pay over £30m for him, in which case he won't get the move he wants anyway as Kenwright and Martinez won't sell him.

I predict the first one though.

Sorry but without him his prem goals kept us up last season - no way would BK sell for 30 million he stood firm last season with UNT so they are linked with most of our star players in Coleman, stones McCarthy , and now Lukarku, its just idle journalism if he wants to go than lets make more profit on him 30 million for a striker of his age is a joke!

The first thing Lukaku needs to do is score more premiership goals.That will raise his value more than all of this hot air from his agent.

He is on a long term contract and there has never been any mention of a buy out clause.
Strikers cost more than any other player and I think with Lukaku that Everton would not look at anything less than 50m. However, I don't believe there is any real interest in the player from other clubs.

Undervalued by a majority of our fanbase and unfortunately he will probably only spend one more season with us. Obviously he has areas of his game he still needs to work on and in time that will develop but to say he is "lazy" "doesn't score enough" and "overrated" is uneducated. Lukaku has all the attributes to make it to the very top and at the moment is a raw talent we should appreciate rather than criticise. Same applies to Ross Barkley and no doubt Del once he arrives.

He's not going anywhere 'til at least next season, which can only be good for the club if that's what he's playing for... If there's a deal to be done now it'd have to be a big one, say £35 mil plus HERNANDEZ & JANUZAJ, summant like that? Love the DAILY MAIL though, it's always ace the way they try to flog our entire team. Every year. Always.... #BadPlums

Undervalued by a majority of our fanbase and unfortunately he will probably only spend one more season with us. Obviously he has areas of his game he still needs to work on and in time that will develop but to say he is "lazy" "doesn't score enough" and "overrated" is uneducated. Lukaku has all the attributes to make it to the very top and at the moment is a raw talent we should appreciate rather than criticise. Same applies to Ross Barkley and no doubt Del once he arrives.

Spot on. I do think that he can be lazy at times though, but no where near to the extent that some of our fanbase make out.

We've been crying out for a striker like him for years and now we have one, some of the fans love to have a go. They will regret it when he goes and we have Kone up front lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back