Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre comment.

Let's "get rid" of one of the two best (and given that last season he got 20 goals following on from a world cup, with no pre-season, and several early injuries - arguably THE best) goalscorers we've had in the Premier League eras.

Who happens to have only JUST turned 22, and has a better scoring rate than almost any other striker has had at that age.

Yeah. Good opportunity to "get rid"

Well said mate...

I think the suggestion to get rid is because we're SO flushed with striking talent.

It's utterly infuriating to hear blues talk like this innit. As said, he's 22 FFS....and easily the best striking option/potential we've had for YEARS.

But yeah, let's get rid of the flawed fool because, y'know, if he hadn't of weighed in with all them there goals last season then someone else would have. Deffo....

Pfff...

I genuinely think people are deluded if they think that we won't make a fairly big profit on him. He's in his early 20's, has been banging them in for a poor West Brom side and in the last couple of seasons for us and is now well known in this league. You've got ridiculous prices being paid all over the world and we've sold some of our best players for high prices in the last 10 years.

What makes people think we're just going to accept £30-£35m for him? And there will be some who come on and ridicule the idea that we will get that much for him too.

We don't need to sell him yet and that's what people won't accept, whether that's Evertonians desperate to do him down and be negative, or fans of other clubs or the media who want to disrupt us. Kenwright and Martinez did great getting him in when they did.

I reckon one of two things will happen this season. He will either get us in to Europe or the top 4 with loads of goals and will be off in the summer. But for no less than about £40m.

Or, he will have an average season, as will Everton, and no one will pay over £30m for him, in which case he won't get the move he wants anyway as Kenwright and Martinez won't sell him.

I predict the first one though.

Difference right there between Everton and Liverpool. Liverpool are demanding that Sterling a player who has done jack all in his career apart from tap in Suarez's gifts is sold for 50 million. He is a pact winger who gets single figure goals and assists most seasons and can't make a dent in the international or European scene.

We have a 20 goal a season striker proven in the prem with poorer sides over three years, golden boot in a Europen competition and has a decade at the top left in him at least, yet we'll meekly just try and get our money back for him. We'll probably throw in John Stones for 10 mill as well. The market is the market, clubs shouldn't get cheap players from us. If varane goes for 40 mill then that is the price for Stones. If Benteke goes for 30 mill Lukaku has to be higher, if Strrling goes for 40 Lukaku has to be higher because he is better than these players and more valuable to clubs.

Not right now. Maybe in a few years.
Fair response. I just don't get the idea that his ending up at a Real Madrid or Barcelona-type club is a forgone conclusion.

I don't think people appreciate how difficult it is to be the focal point of a team competing at the highest level.

Difference right there between Everton and Liverpool. Liverpool are demanding that Sterling a player who has done jack all in his career apart from tap in Suarez's gifts is sold for 50 million. He is a pact winger who gets single figure goals and assists most seasons and can't make a dent in the international or European scene.

We have a 20 goal a season striker proven in the prem with poorer sides over three years, golden boot in a Europen competition and has a decade at the top left in him at least, yet we'll meekly just try and get our money back for him. We'll probably throw in John Stones for 10 mill as well. The market is the market, clubs shouldn't get cheap players from us. If varane goes for 40 mill then that is the price for Stones. If Benteke goes for 30 mill Lukaku has to be higher, if Strrling goes for 40 Lukaku has to be higher because he is better than these players and more valuable to clubs.
Totally agree,but if his new agent starts to stir the pot and he starts with the "one of the biggest clubs in World Football" quotes as we found with Lescott players can decrease their effectiveness on the pitch until they get their way.

Ten premier goals is a poor return, not all his fault of course, the poor team performances didn't help !!

For Lukaku maybe, wasn't long ago we'd have bitten your hand off for a striker in double figures. Yakubu aside its been grim watching Everton's prem strikers having no idea how to score more than about 8 a season.

Not sure why you think that when we got £24m for Lescott and Rodwell for £12m. When we sold Rooney as an 18 year old, the £25m (although not as high as I would have liked), was still a lot of money back then, especially for a player so young.

Is he only 22? Blimey I take it all back. I now think he's absoloutely amazing and doesn't have any flaws in his game and will go on to be a world class player like everyone said Fellaini, Yakubu and Manny Fernandes would be.
Do you expect him to be the perfect all round striker at 22 pal? He improved last season and will improve again next season and add another 10 goals to his game. We paid for what we expect to get in the coming years and not the finished article. Agree his touch needs to be better with back to goal but this has been spoken about by the coaching staff so Im sure its been looked at
And the sarcasim pal, shows your intelligence or lack off

For Lukaku maybe, wasn't long ago we'd have bitten your hand off for a striker in double figures. Yakubu aside its been grim watching Everton's prem strikers having no idea how to score more than about 8 a season.
Well said mate...

I think the suggestion to get rid is because we're SO flushed with striking talent.

It's utterly infuriating to hear blues talk like this innit. As said, he's 22 FFS....and easily the best striking option/potential we've had for YEARS.

But yeah, let's get rid of the flawed fool because, y'know, if he hadn't of weighed in with all them there goals last season then someone else would have. Deffo....

Pfff...

Cahill and Saha both scored more PL goals in a season for us than Lukaku did last season.

And last season Ulloa, Ings, Diouf, Cisse, Pelle and Berahino all scored more PL goals than Lukaku.

Yeah i know, Lukaku has done it for more than 1 season and probably has upside than half of those but what he offered last season could easily have been found from elsewhere for a hell of a lot cheaper.

(And no, i'm not ignoring his EL feats, he was great in that but those players didn't play in it and we're not in it next season so it's not relevant here).

Fair response. I just don't get the idea that his ending up at a Real Madrid or Barcelona-type club is a forgone conclusion.

I don't think people appreciate how difficult it is to be the focal point of a team competing at the highest level.
He has the raw talent by the time he is 25 to become that kind of player. Is he going to get there, I have no idea. I'm just going to enjoy him while he wears blue as if he does get to that level he won't be playing for us.

Cahill and Saha both scored more PL goals in a season for us than Lukaku did last season.

And last season Ulloa, Ings, Diouf, Cisse, Pelle and Berahino all scored more PL goals than Lukaku.

Yeah i know, Lukaku has done it for more than 1 season and probably has upside than half of those but what he offered last season could easily have been found from elsewhere for a hell of a lot cheaper.

(And no, i'm not ignoring his EL feats, he was great in that but those players didn't play in it and we're not in it next season so it's not relevant here).
Did any of them players play a third of a season with a broken toe? or Lose there best mate in a crash.

He wasnt at his best in the league last year but FFS hes got one of the best goalscoring records in world football over the past couple of season. For a 21 year old thats some doing. Id have Rom over any of them players you've listed there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back