Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably his value will be affected by his WC performances. I fear we will be priced out of the market , and I wouldn't want one of our best players being used as bait

For me, we need to keep absolutely everyone. The only ones I can see being chased by clubs this summer are Barkley and Coleman, neither of which will go unless we get silly money. I'm thinking £50m+ for Barkley and £25m+ for Coleman. We need to keep our best players for once and we're finally in a position where we can do so. Last summer was a bit different as Martinez didn't particularly fancy Fellaini anyway, so getting £27m for him was superb business, especially considering what we replaced him with for half that.

Hopefully we are past needing to sell a player in order to buy. I honestly didn't mind selling Fellaini or Rodwell as i felt both were replaceable, i can't say the same for Barkley,Stones or Coleman. If somebody had to be sold i guess Baines would be the most expendable considering we have Oviedo and Garbutt waiting in the wings but again he would be a loss so hopefully Roberto puts up "NOT FOR SALE" signs everywhere around Finch farm.

Hopefully we are past needing to sell a player in order to buy. I honestly didn't mind selling Fellaini or Rodwell as i felt both were replaceable, i can't say the same for Barkley,Stones or Coleman. If somebody had to be sold i guess Baines would be the most expendable considering we have Oviedo and Garbutt waiting in the wings but again he would be a loss so hopefully Roberto puts up "NOT FOR SALE" signs everywhere around Finch farm.

We don't own Finch Farm so whether or not it's for sale isn't really up to us.

X.

Not gonna lie, every time he tweets I check to see whether he's taken Everton out of his bio yet.

For those keeping score: he hasn't.

I really do think he's going to stay at Chelsea next season. It would make sense for them. Diego Costa and Lukaku will be their forwards.

I really do think he's going to stay at Chelsea next season. It would make sense for them. Diego Costa and Lukaku will be their forwards.

Sadly, I agree with you. Mourinho is arrogant but he is not stupid. Lukaku is a quality striker and is miles better than Torres or Eto.

Sadly, I agree with you. Mourinho is arrogant but he is not stupid. Lukaku is a quality striker and is miles better than Torres or Eto.

If he does stay there I hope he does well there as they're not direct competition unlike Spurs.

Maybe Mour is so arrgant that he thinks he can buy anyone so he does not need Rom?

Just rewatching our brilliant performance at the Emirates.
Lukaku had a really poor game, his link-up play was dreadful. Think if we'd have had Naismith upfront that night we'd have won.

There are actually a glut of games he just didn't perform well in...far more than a handful. I know he's only 20, but £20m is just too steep.

Lukaku had a really poor game, his link-up play was dreadful. Think if we'd have had Naismith upfront that night we'd have won.

There are actually a glut of games he just didn't perform well in...far more than a handful. I know he's only 20, but £20m is just too steep.

20m is a bargain mate, simple as that

So the guardian has an interesting article witn Patrick Bamford, a Chelsea 20yr old who has been doing well for derby this season

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/21/patrick-bamford-derby-county-qpr-chelsea
In it he talks about the possibility of being 3rd choice striker for chelsea next season.

Tbh I cannot see it as Mourinho just doesn't seem to trust youth very much. However if it did happen it would be doubtful if Mourinho trusted two young strikers - probably be 1 Costa 2 Torres or another seasoned striker 3 Bamford.

Lukaku doesn't seem keen on being 2nd striker let alone 3rd choice.

This.

There were more games like that than great games.

I wouldn't want to be paying that kind of dough for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.