Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still buzzing today. Off now to hopefully get a cast off my leg after a month of sitting at home. Going to celebrate by watching that again and finally going out on the tear!

First stop my local evertonian barman!

COYB!

The one thing that stands out for me so far out of many many things that have impressed me is the way he seems to be able to make the team believe mate, hardest thing in the world is to make a grown man earning millions actually get that passion back, looking at ALL of the players involved atm you can just see how much their enjoying playing under him and for us, remarkable achievement for a new manager to win them over so quickly especially after replacing a manager with such a long tenure

Agreed. It seems there's something special about Roberto that I'm 99% sure only he (and possibly Bill, as he did choose him) knew was there. We knew he could get us playing nice football, but engaging the players, instilling that belief and getting results was another matter.

There's a clear difference between the two managers in the dug-out last night.

One brought us from relegation scraps, to the "glass ceiling" and to his credit, kept us there against the odds. The other is looking more and more, game by game, like he's the man, unlike Moyes, the to us up through that ceiling and into where the vast majority of us thought we couldn't go without a billionaire owner.

I think both, hopefully, when we look back, will be seen as crucial in our development as a team. Perhaps Moyes was here a couple of years too long to be looked back on as fondly as perhaps he deserved, as things went stale and positive change was needed.

Martinez' success so far doesn't negate the good work Moyes did. He was the right man for the job when he took over, just like Martinez is now. I don't think Martinez could have been as successful as Moyes was at climbing the length of the league and I don't think Moyes had the same positive attitude, belief and tactical nous that Martinez has which seems to suit competing at the top end of the league. Both were hugely important and necessary appointments (assuming Martinez keeps it up).

Controversial: Bill deserves credit here. He got it right with Moyes and he's got it right again. That's pretty good going under immense pressure, tbh.

Last edited:
nejmlu.jpg

Well that was boss wasn't it?

We've got to keep this up though.

Woken up by the smell of my own breath this morning after a few victory drinks I was reminded of a time in my younger and more vulnerable years at university where with a similarly fuzzy head I woke up next to an unbelievable fit girl. I wasn't quite sure how it had happened but my status in halls rose greatly after this night. Unfortunately I didn't act on the situation I didn't even add her on Facebook, I just assumed this would be the norm from now on and I would make the uni football team and smash all the southern totty I could ever ask for.

This never happened though I didn't make the team, I didn't go on to finger the fittest birds in uni and months after the glorious night I sent her a friend request which to this day remains ignored.

We can't rest on our laurels here, we've got to push on. Often under Moyes we had one fantastic result a season (usually against City) and we would be happy with that.

We're better than that now, so we need to show no fear against Arsenal on Sunday, we don't want to be left clutching our drinks when the lights come on as 'Mr. Brightside' fades out we won't to be necking the face off some first year history student with daddy issues. COYB.

someone's multi deffo

"How many fixtures did Everton go without winning against a top four side? Of course they're going to take the piss out of him and rightly so."

A level headed manc...whatever next

They have what would normally be a relatively straight forward next 5 games, but they are not in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back