Man Utd 4-4 Everton. 22nd April at 12.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are the ones going for the title I suppose. Natural they'll analyse them rather than us.

Yes but I'd say every goal was down to individual quality AND bad defending. Like any game to be honest where there's lots of goals from both teams.

I mean Rooney's header from point blank was fantastic timing and not Neville's utter pants positioning... but Jela's from an impossible angle was down to Rafael's poor leap?

Koff BBC.

Who gives a running [Poor language removed] at a rolling doughnut?

The day I find myself caring about the Arsenal/Liverpool/Newcastle/Tottenham opinion of Everton, is the day my own feelings don't matter to me.

We're just seen in that way: spoilers rather than entertainers. The facts and narrative are bent to that end.

Just at work, didn't sleep much last night kept seeing the score line popping up in my head. To think I nearly went to bed at 4-2.

COYB

389646_291190280962408_190190401062397_653252_1641287878_n.jpg

I aint watched it all the way through yet so cant comment. Seen the goals (Felli's was a beaut).

The bottom line has always been getting the best out of the obvious quality we do have, and coming through. So its always frustrating when we pull results against the top teams, where Moyes looks like he gets it spot on, which in turn throws the "financial" argument out of the window IMO. But against the lower teams and the RS, he looks lost or struggles tactically.

The result is a one off to to be fair. Have we ever scored 4 at OT? And conceding 4 is poor...BUT it seems the fight that was missing, then came back, then disappeared against the RS, came back because we had nothing to lose

We played like typical Everton until the last 8 minutes. For the first half hour we had all the possession but didn't trouble United. Once they overtook us it looked like game over. We didn't go charging up the field looking to get back into the game. We just plodded on and the goals came out of nothing really.

The top teams very often leave themselves open at the back. If we can nick a goal there's a good chance that we can hang on to it. We don't have enough about us to break down organised defences though. United's one touch passing today pulled us all over the place. By contrast most of our players are quite ponderous on the ball. We don't have the movement either of the big guns. We also lack pace and someone who can go past a man- Pienaar has nice feet but he doesn't have the trickery of Nani, for example.

The strange thing with the RS is that in most of their recent games, including Arsenal and Newcastle, they have blitzed the opposition but couldn't put it away. Against us they were much more cautious. We were lacking creativity in the midfield but, if they'd come at us more, maybe we'd have fared better.

Their goals were down to their quality and not our pants defending (Neville was shocking) but our goals were down to their bad defending and not our own quality?

The Beeb are a joke.

To be fair to Neville, he helped set up Jelavic's second with an excellent pass on to Fellaini's head. Also, the pundits in the post-match analysis were very complimentary about Everton's performance.

We played like typical Everton until the last 8 minutes. For the first half hour we had all the possession but didn't trouble United. Once they overtook us it looked like game over. We didn't go charging up the field looking to get back into the game. We just plodded on and the goals came out of nothing really.

The top teams very often leave themselves open at the back. If we can nick a goal there's a good chance that we can hang on to it. We don't have enough about us to break down organised defences though. United's one touch passing today pulled us all over the place. By contrast most of our players are quite ponderous on the ball. We don't have the movement either of the big guns. We also lack pace and someone who can go past a man- Pienaar has nice feet but he doesn't have the trickery of Nani, for example.

The strange thing with the RS is that in most of their recent games, including Arsenal and Newcastle, they have blitzed the opposition but couldn't put it away. Against us they were much more cautious. We were lacking creativity in the midfield but, if they'd come at us more, maybe we'd have fared better.

Pienaar is a loanee and Nani cost £16m. Wonder if that makes a difference?

Or Drenthe. I'm still sore about the way things worked out with him. Nice analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back