Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bunch of random names. And who would give the job to Steve Clarke ahead of Moyes?!!

The fact is the majority of these names are just as likely to be another disaster as they are to being a success.

I mean, Patrick Viera - what has he done to deserve a shot at a top English team. Being a famous footballer does not count.
We aren't a top team to start.
He is building up a managerial cv. Done well in the mls but that's a poor league.
He has shown at nice he can manage.
He may not be the answer but he should not be ruled out either. Likes of mourinho, klopp, wenger etc were given a chance and it worked out for them.
Picking managers with Premier league relegation is not the way forward anyway.

I feel like we need a manager with experience and a winning mentality. Our players look so ruderless and confused they need someone who commands respect. I liked the idea of someone like Silva building but we need to put some basics down now we just aren't good enough to be trying to be so open and play so much football. We need a manager who can make us tough to beat but also pressing and incisive in the attacking third. Maybe look to a German coach, Portugese football like dutch football looks very dated now.

We aren't a top team to start.
He is building up a managerial cv. Done well in the mls but that's a poor league.
He has shown at nice he can manage.
He may not be the answer but he should not be ruled out either. Likes of mourinho, klopp, wenger etc were given a chance and it worked out for them.
Picking managers with Premier league relegation is not the way forward anyway.

Yeah right - we are one of the top teams in one of the top leagues in the world. We are not at the top of the heap like City, Man Utd or Liverpool, but we are the tier just below.

Arteta or Lampard, bit even Lampard we won't get if Derby come up.
Bielsa isnt getting Leeds up and coming here, no chance.

Throw a gazillion quid at Simeone and get this utter crap sorted once and for all.

I mean in an actual ideal world he’s the dream.

But in reality, it has to be someone who has a track record of winning, shows a bit of passion but perhaps most importantly has proven that they can absolute piles of crap.

Would this new manager get a free pass for a season or does Silva’s season count as the free pass? This transition malarkey is way too confusing.
It all boils down to how we actual play football or in silva case how many goals can we concede at set plays per game..

Status
Not open for further replies.