Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's my point. Gettin managers from this league has not worked

Getting the WRONG managers from this league has not worked. I don’t think it’s an issue recruiting from within England. Spurs have done alright with Poch.

There are as many examples of bad appointments from overseas leagues as there are bad appointments from the domestic leagues.

Arteta, no way, we need an experienced manager in, not another gamble.

Experience is overrated. Big Sam is "experienced".

It's about finding people with the right mentality. Arteta is the ambitious choice. Appointing managers from other PL clubs has got us utterly nowhere. We need to go away from that. We need to be forward thinking and outside the box. The fact Arsenal were so so close to appointing him gives me a lot of confidence. They are a far bigger club than we are.

Getting the WRONG managers from this league has not worked. I don’t think it’s an issue recruiting from within England. Spurs have done alright with Poch.

There are as many examples of bad appointments from overseas leagues as there are bad appointments from the domestic leagues.
Fact is though, it is getting to the stage where your only choice is to get a foreign coach, as the Premier League and even the Championship is full of foreign coaches!

Lopetegui actually wasn't as bad at Madrid as people make it out to be but he didn't have anyone to finish the considerable chances they created. The problem is it's hard to tell exactly how much of it is him or the fact that they have maybe the best midfield on Earth. I think getting him would be a major win for the club but I don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back