Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Manolo Gabbiadini to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I mean is that in some games Koeman will play the 4-3-3 I posted earlier, in most hes likely to go with his trusted 4-2-2-1-1 or a 4-2-3-1 in old money.

GK
FB - CB - CB - FB
DM(6) - CM(8)
W ----------------W
Gabi
Big Rom​

Really don't understand this singing myself either. We need goals up top, from what I'm reading he is a fancy player that doesn't really create or score? Sounds very familiar

What I mean is that in some games Koeman will play the 4-3-3 I posted earlier, in most hes likely to go with his trusted 4-2-2-1-1 or a 4-2-3-1 in old money.

GK
FB - CB - CB - FB
DM(6) - CM(8)
W ----------------W
Gabi
Big Rom​

And not a creative player nor a through ball in sight. Sounds like utterly turgid hoofball to me. Judging from YouTube (which lets face it we almost all are), he seems to enjoy a through ball, and we know Rom does too, so what's the point in putting them 2 up top.

Hes not a goalscorer, but he can score goals, hes an attacking pivot, watch when he comes, you will know what I mean.

Think he stacks up 1 in 4 for goals.
The limited times ive seen him its in the David Silva / Christien Erikson role . Basically what Ross should be doing.
Looks a tidy player , but looked more comfortable at Sampdoria.Maybe needs this change.

GK
FB - CB - CB - FB
DM(6) - CM(8)
W ----------------W
Gabi
Big Rom​

Defo think this chap is being bought to play on the right in a 4-3-3 rather than as a '10' or second striker. It's incredibly Dutch and - importantly - Cruyff-style to have one deep-lying midfielder (Morgan or Gana), two CMs (two of Morgan/Gana/Barks/Dzagoev/Delaney etc) and then two 'inside forwards' cutting in, flanking a striker. Koeman basically tries to do a more pragmatic version of Cruyff in an ideal world.

Edit: there is no 10 in this system, it's on the midfielders and inside forwards to be creative. Spreading the workload, as it were.

And not a creative player nor a through ball in sight. Sounds like utterly turgid hoofball to me. Judging from YouTube (which lets face it we almost all are), he seems to enjoy a through ball, and we know Rom does too, so what's the point in putting them 2 up top.

Which is why I think Koeman will favour the 4-3-3 I posted earlier at times, his signing gives us options, thats the key point here.

He can play all across the front and even in the hole, we need somebody to link midfield and attack, with Morgs in the side we will have a player in midfield able to pick a forward pass.

Defo think this chap is being bought to play on the right in a 4-3-3 rather than as a '10' or second striker. It's incredibly Dutch and - importantly - Cruyff-style to have one deep-lying midfielder (Morgan or Gana), two CMs (two of Morgan/Gana/Barks/Dzagoev/Delaney etc) and then two 'inside forwards' cutting in, flanking a striker. Koeman basically tries to do a more pragmatic version of Cruyff in an ideal world.

Edit: there is no 10 in this system, it's on the midfielders and inside forwards to be creative. Spreading the workload, as it were.

Theres always this :

GK
Coleman - Williams - CB - Baines
Gana - Morgs
Barks
Gabi - Lukaku - Depay​

Which is why I think Koeman will favour the 4-3-3 I posted earlier at times, his signing gives us options, thats the key point here.

He can play all across the front and even in the hole, we need somebody to link midfield and attack, with Morgs in the side we will have a player in midfield able to pick a forward pass.

The boy Morgs can pass a ball no bother but he's no defence splitter, I just struggle to see where the creativity will come from. All the best teams in the world have a creative #10, a door unlocker, we haven't had one for decades and we don't seem all that arsed about getting one either.

Hes not a goalscorer, but he can score goals, hes an attacking pivot, watch when he comes, you will know what I mean.

I am not a football tactical genius, unlike many posters here sic, but I respect goat's opinion get what you're saying here.
And if that's true surely he is the perfect foil for our young striking cavalier ...
( see what I did there ? ... foils cavaliers ...)

Although I am heavily of the opinion that we absolutely should buy Dzagoev to freshen up Barkley's position. I love the boy but he needs some time away from being our first choice to sort his head out and come back fresh.

Koeman will go 4-1-2-3 rather than 4-2-1-3. Cruyff innit. Apart from that, that's exactly how I see us lining up for the rest of the season.

Edit: actually here's an article written by Cruyff specifically on that topic: http://www.fantasista10.co.uk/cruyff-the-misuse-of-the-number-10/

He knew his football, God bless him.

I can give you more than 10 reasons why a ‘number 10′ does not work in a 4-3-3 system. It does not make you stronger, but weaker.

During the eighties, when I was manager of Ajax, all of our opponents played the 4-4-2 system with two forwards. In order to get an extra tactical advantage, we decided to field three defenders, changing from 4-3-3 to 3-4-3, where our midfield was set up as a diamond.

We did not actually played 3-4-3, but more a 3-1-2-1-3 system, creating two extra lines which made the execution of the positioning play even better. The ‘number 10′ was the player behind the three forwards. At Ajax I chose John Bosman and later at Barcelona, José Bakero.

The past couple of years the opponents have figured out this little trick and decided to once again field three forwards. This often entailed a striker with two wingers, forcing you to use four defenders yet again. Fielding a ’10′ in this situation is risky.

To preserve the right balance, the centre-midfielder should not be fielded in an attacking, but in a defensive position. Thus, a ‘number 6′ instead of a ‘number 10′.

With a ’10′ you will play 4-2-1-3 and with a ’6′ it will be 4-1-2-3. Taking a good look at the two numbers in the middle, you can see that with a ’10′ two players are behind the ball and one is set up offensively, as with a ’6′ three (1+2) players are behind the ball of which two are offensive. This is how you kill two birds with one stone: both defensively as offensively you will have an extra player.

By choosing the ’10′ anyway, you will get yourself in trouble as soon as the opponents are pushing forward. In this case, there will be only two midfielders behind the ball, who are also required to give 60 metre passes. This is impossible to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back