Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I'm just going off what it says in the article. If that's not true then fair enough, but it's the only source available so what else can I go off?

The article says they were angry and looking to confront players. It says when this was refused they basically threatened to cause a proper security issue by 'mobilising' people to blockade the training ground. Personally I don't think that's particularly pleasant behaviour, but more to the point I just thought it was a bit embarrassing.

I get that, and obviously you read blockade and stuff and you think the worst, but it's overblown.

The people who went were respectful and that's all there is to it. Joyce has got a 'scoop' but it's really not as sensational as it seems.

To be honest, I'm just going off what it says in the article. If that's not true then fair enough, but it's the only source available so what else can I go off?

The article says they were angry and looking to confront players. It says when this was refused they basically threatened to cause a proper security issue by 'mobilising' people to blockade the training ground. Personally I don't think that's particularly pleasant behaviour, but more to the point I just thought it was a bit embarrassing.

I see your point but its about time we actually did something about it. Quite easy for us here to sit on a forum complaining but not actually doing anything.
With the money in football and ticket prices rising, its no surprise that fans of many clubs feel the players are taking the mickey. Players come and go but the fans and the institution that is Everton FC will always be here.

I see your point but its about time we actually did something about it. Quite easy for us here to sit on a forum complaining but not actually doing anything.
With the money in football and ticket prices rising, its no surprise that fans of many clubs feel the players are taking the mickey. Players come and go but the fans and the institution that is Everton FC will always be here.
Yeah don't get me wrong, it's no skin off my nose what they do, but I don't know that 7 people turning up at the training ground frothing at the mouth is really doing something about it. The idea that Brands now suddenly understands that people aren't happy in a way that all the booing, heckling, social media abuse etc couldn't convey is...interesting.

Literally this. People on here are kicking off like they were some sort of Columbian cartel ultras rocking up to wrap Sigurdsson in a carpet and drop him off the bridge despite everything pointing to the fact that they weren’t. Fair play to them and fair play to Brands for meeting with them.

Appears you spoke to soon

Yeah don't get me wrong, it's no skin off my nose what they do, but I don't know that 7 people turning up at the training ground frothing at the mouth is really doing something about it. The idea that Brands now suddenly understands that people aren't happy in a way that all the booing, heckling, social media abuse etc couldn't convey is...interesting.

Im one of marcel's biggest critics over the failure to replace Gana and Zouma, but i will say fair play to him for speaking to the fans.
It would of been so easy for him to tell security to call the police and shut the gates. He didnt, he stepped up and tried to resolve the situation like a man who takes his responsibility seriously.

Im one of marcel's biggest critics over the failure to replace Gana and Zouma, but i will say fair play to him for speaking to the fans.
It would of been so easy for him to tell security to call the police and shut the gates. He didnt, he stepped up and tried to resolve the situation like a man.
Yep, fully agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back