Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi was signed to play number 10, to give us another option, other than Iceland.

But as somebody else said earlier, if it was a choice of Iwobi or nobody, we defo should have picked nobody.

Its the only thing Brands has done that doesn't make sense to me, everything else I can attempt to defend and see the reasoning behind it, but not Alex Iwobi.
These fabrications are even more damning than the truth.

Forgive me if i've gotten this wrong, but when we appointed Brands, was it not the purpose to have him oversee the 'Philosophy' of the club? So that if we had another managerial change we wouldn't have to rip up the whole thing and start again?

We had Marco Silva with one type of managerial style (and a whole host of signings with various successes) and then we binned him off and brought in Carlo (with a completely different managerial style) - and the expectation is that we'll now go out and buy a host of other players to fit this new style

So what's the point of Brands?

Well then, it's even worse than I feared.

Iwobi had never played anywhere but on the left for Arsenal, so I've no idea how anyone could have expected him to come here and be a central playmaker.

Well maybe I fabricated that bit then.

I thought there was a line of thinking that he was better centrally.

I am very wrong.

Talking ahead of Saturday’s game against Crystal Palace, Silva suggested that the Nigerian can add a different dimension to Everton’s forward line.
“The position we are looking to him is coming from the left and behind the striker,” he said. ”He can play on the right also but we are looking from the left and behind the striker.”
“He is a strong player and good skills also. I want him to score more goals. He will help us.”

It's all very well having nice looking stylish players if you have no grit, will to win and leadership you are doomed. We have bought too many weak players. It's the opposite to what Moyes had.

I think Brands needs a very good summer, and a very good Jan in order to ease the mounting pressure on his role. We need 3 top players atleast in the summer, and need to start using Jan to give us fresh impetus to finish the season, even if its just loans.

Might as well lock this thread for 12 months and then a final judgment can be made. Huge summer for this guy. Has to get 3-4 quality, immediate impact signings in. The positive is that even with Carlo on board the players we have are horrific and that a full clean out is needed. If we finished 6-9th we would have papered the cracks. Now he has the mandate to start again. One step back, two steps forward.

One of the recruitment blokes from the Red Bull clubs or someone like Monchi surely would take a big pay packet to give Carlo the players required right?

This fella is looking more a lame duck as every result passes by.

Monchi turned us down twice, he was first choice when the idea to bring a DoF in cane around, Brands was the other option and also turned us down initially

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back