Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Carlo likes the DOF model and is here for the long haul why not let him have input on who he wants to work with.

This is Brands last season coming up unless he does does something spectacular in my opinion. I'm seeing minimal improvement for significant costs so far and an unacceptable performance from him.

This is the problem. We were supposed to be past paying over the odds just to get someone in at the last minute. Hopefully it won't happen again.

And it was a bizarre one to rush as well. We were never going to be competing with anyone to sign Alex Iwobi in any future transfer window. He'd have sat it out at Arsenal and probably had some weird Callum Chambers-type automatic contract renewal.

Instead we give them £35m for one of their worst players to play for them, despite not knowing what position we should play him in when he got here. Chaos, and very very very expensive chaos too.

And it was a bizarre one to rush as well. We were never going to be competing with anyone to sign Alex Iwobi in any future transfer window. He'd have sat it out at Arsenal and probably had some weird Callum Chambers-type automatic contract renewal.

Instead we give them £35m for one of their worst players to play for them, despite not knowing what position we should play him in when he got here. Chaos, and very very very expensive chaos too.

I realise this doesn't help his case, but Alex Iwobi wasn't a panic buy.

We started speaking to him before March.

But that's just it mein frandelino - across THE WHOLE SUMMER (and even before as you show) no one was interested in Alex Iwobi apart from us. He clearly can't play right wing (where we needed a signing) and he can't play left wing, where we had Bernard before his form fell off a cliff and now Gordon, who actually does stuff. So rather than say, OK, we didn't get what we wanted, so let's keep the cash in the bank, we wet our pants and gave Arsenal £35m. For a bad player, in a position we didn't need.

No industry rewards failure like football.

It shouldn't cost hundreds of millions for a competent director of football to improve upon this Everton team.
The thing is ive not seen a gem that nobody knew about come to the club either. I have always backed him but this summer is make or break for me. If it doesnt go well send him packing and give carlo the reigns to do what he wants with recruitment

I'd we'd got Zaha then we'd never signed Iwobi. The fact that we threw £35m on Iwobi on deadline day cos we couldn't get Zaha screams of a panic regardless of whether we'd been talking to him for months.

Iwobi was signed to play number 10, to give us another option, other than Iceland.

But as somebody else said earlier, if it was a choice of Iwobi or nobody, we defo should have picked nobody.

Its the only thing Brands has done that doesn't make sense to me, everything else I can attempt to defend and see the reasoning behind it, but not Alex Iwobi.

It shouldn't cost hundreds of millions for a competent director of football to improve upon this Everton team.

It shouldn't cost hundreds of millions for a competent director of football to try and get a football club to play with some sort of identity.

Mental that we held off on signing him until the last day of the window and didn't even leave ourselves enough time to do his medical if this is true.

If he wasn't a panic buy then I'd imagine he was very far down on our list of targets.

Mental that we held off on signing him until the last day of the window and didn't even leave ourselves enough time to do his medical if this is true.

If he wasn't a panic buy then I'd imagine he was very far down on our list of targets.

The only thing I can think is that Brands had some seriously dank kush.

Regardless of who signed them, I still wake up in the early hours in a cold sweat and screaming loud enough to wake the street when I remember that we gave Arsenal nearly 60m for Walcott and Iwobi. They must still be laughing.
The quicker we get a transfer ban the better.

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 16.21.40.webp

Nonsense - it was another masterly transfer by our Machiavellian Director of Football. He was probably stroking his white cat as he ironed out the deal with the Arsenal CEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back