Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Walsh and Brands had been spending public money, they would have been hauled before a parliamentary committee and a public inquiry launched.

How on earth have we spent this much money and stood completely still?

We cannot get the wasted money and time back, but as an absoute minimum requirement, Brands must acknowledge that he too has made gross errors of judgement with transfers.

If you don't admit to a problem, you cannot begin to solve it. That runs through the whole club.

This forthcoming window is ground zero for this club.

I have lost confidence in Brands, and now we are in a situation where Ancelotti is desperately hanging on him to deliver. I'd rather he signed his own players.

If Walsh and Brands had been spending public money, they would have been hauled before a parliamentary committee and a public inquiry launched.

How on earth have we spent this much money and stood completely still?

We cannot get the wasted money and time back, but as an absoute minimum requirement, Brands must acknowledge that he too has made gross errors of judgement with transfers.

If you don't admit to a problem, you cannot begin to solve it. That runs through the whole club.

This forthcoming window is ground zero for this club.

I have lost confidence in Brands, and now we are in a situation where Ancelotti is desperately hanging on him to deliver. I'd rather he signed his own players.
We’ve stopped standing still now and have actually started to regress.

I think its beyond stupid to take away transfers he's made.

My stance has been clear, he signed every single player since he took the job.

As I said, there was a story the other day that Silva demanded Iwobi and Brands said no, so Moshiri went over his head.

But still, Brands signed Richarlison and Brands signed Iwobi.

It was his watch, he's the Don.
That's conclusive then. :coffee:

And if every single player has been down to Brands, and he's been here two years and spent £200M to get us bottom half of the table, that just about clinches how bad he's been.

The entire fanbase was buzzing when we brought Gomes in on a permanent deal. It's horrendous revisionism to suggest that this was some sort of huge error by Brands. There would have been murder if we'd not signed him
The same fan base who were saying Bernard was some sort of world beater after a couple of cruyff turns. Fans are easily hoodwinked. I’d expect professional scouts to do a better job. I mean it’s not now difficult to see that Gomes offers very little. We were starved of any ball players for so long, we’ve gone overboard on anyone who looks slightly comfortable with the ball at their feet.

The entire fanbase was buzzing when we brought Gomes in on a permanent deal. It's horrendous revisionism to suggest that this was some sort of huge error by Brands. There would have been murder if we'd not signed him
Look at his thread between Christmas and the end of last season and you’ll see that really isn’t true. Lots of people questioned whether we should make it permanent, the revisionism is that this only started with his injury.

The initial Gomes loan had all the hallmarks of a bulk buy from Barca. There was nothing to suggest we were interested in him and Barca probably made the running in tagging him onto Mina and Digne.

Hindsight is great but if we were setting higher standards, his lack of goals and assists should have been a red flag for a permanent deal. It's too harsh to suggest we should have passed up on signing him permanently, but he is another example of a misplaced sentimentality that takes hold, elevating a player to mystic heights they never have and never will achieve.

I'd only ever say he is good at his best, but not good enough for sides that aim for the top four and beyond.

That's conclusive then. :coffee:

And if every single player has been down to Brands, and he's been here two years and spent £200M to get us bottom half of the table, that just about clinches how bad he's been.

...I think every player (brought in, sold, extended contract) has to be accountable to the DoF. I also think he’s accountable for the team model strategy along with the manager.

i defend Brands, but you’re point is entirely reasonable. The other factor I would throw in is the re-sale value of his acquisitions. Most important benchmark is performance and I’m now challenging Brands.

Brands is talked about as much as the manager at Everton. I don’t know any other fan, and all my mates are mixes of premier league teams over here, that mentions a DOF so much. I mean ever heard a Liverpool fan mention Michael Edwards? I mean Edu gets a mention every now and again by the press but generally, they’re in the background. Ours seems to be such a figure head? Anyone else think this?

Brands is talked about as much as the manager at Everton. I don’t know any other fan, and all my mates are mixes of premier league teams over here, that mentions a DOF so much. I mean ever heard a Liverpool fan mention Michael Edwards? I mean Edu gets a mention every now and again by the press but generally, they’re in the background. Ours seems to be such a figure head? Anyone else think this?

Maybe you missed the United fans visiting Woodwards house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back