Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having that key midfielder in before the season starts is key then hopefully we can add more before the window shuts. But if you aren't concerned you obviously don't see the pattern of bringing in players late followed by poor starts from us every year and the dreadful lockdown performances. I hope you are right about the three players but I am not banking on it with this club. No more excuses.

I didn't say I'm not concerned. I dislike that we always seem to be slow and haven't learned lessons. I'm far from impressed with Brands and don't think he has adapted at all in his time here.

But I do also appreciate that there's other factors.

But we're in talks for players. Two of them are in a position we desperately need. We can't afford to overpay so we have to get the deals right.

Allan wouldn't have featured regardless today if we had signed him as his season only finished two weeks ago.

It's like a lot of people just don't feel that the matches at the beginning of the season matter that much. Last I checked 3 points against Spurs counts just as much as 3 points in May. To just write off the beginning of the season and waive away the lack of signings at this point really is a bit mad.

Nobody is writing it off but we're in for players, right at this minute in talks with two (definitely) and reportedly one-two more (Arias/Florenzi).

Given the season starts in 3 weeks, that means we are trying to get players in for the start of the season.

Two of the players we have interest in (Allan and Arias) would not have featured anyway today even if they had been signed last week or the week before.

If there was nothing happening then I'd be behind you but the deals are being worked on. We have to hope they get over the line.

I don't disagree that they could/should have been started earlier, but there's been Allan chat for ages so clearly there has been a lot of groundwork in that. I imagine the same goes for Doucoure.

It's like a lot of people just don't feel that the matches at the beginning of the season matter that much. Last I checked 3 points against Spurs counts just as much as 3 points in May. To just write off the beginning of the season and waive away the lack of signings at this point really is a bit mad.

Don't think anyone feels like that, it's just that when you're signing a player it's about the next four or five years or more. We could wrap up signings tomorrow if we wanted to, but they wouldn't be as good as what we could get in 3 or 4 weeks time.

We don't know the ins and outs of transfer dealings so its best not to worry about it too much.

Nobody is writing it off but we're in for players, right at this minute in talks with two (definitely) and reportedly one-two more (Arias/Florenzi).

Given the season starts in 3 weeks, that means we are trying to get players in for the start of the season.

Two of the players we have interest in (Allan and Arias) would not have featured anyway today even if they had been signed last week or the week before.

If there was nothing happening then I'd be behind you but the deals are being worked on. We have to hope they get over the line.

I don't disagree that they could/should have been started earlier, but there's been Allan chat for ages so clearly there has been a lot of groundwork in that. I imagine the same goes for Doucoure.
Like you said before this tho, Brands doesn't seem to be learning from past windows. This is the concerning part to me. We are just so so so so so cack in midfield and everywhere on the pitch yet we are still working on deals. I get it, "just get it done" is how we got ourselves into these situations but I'm just so sick of seeing so many of these players.

Incoming...........

1352520_1_zoom.jpg

Does need to get a shake on like, if we start the season with that midfield we’ll get off to an horrendous start

Unfortunately for us, we´re already at the ´Our new signings need time to blend in´ phase. I remember how weird it was when we brought Howard, Lescott and Johnson in June that summer. Almost unnerving to get our business done so early.

I never did quite get this. Was it last season they were talking about strengthening the squad after the seasons begun.
We should sign Players early, a real weakness in the club this signing lark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back