Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dutch journalist isn’t “some keyboard warrior”. A bit of research shows he’s much more respected over there then “Sky Sources” are over here but knock yourself out and believe the Sky “sources” instead lol
They said for about 3 months that frank de boer was gonna be our new manager

I refuse to get excited over a bloke I know nothing about and had not even heard of until about 6 months ago.

If he comes, great, lets see what he can do.

Well he’s not Steve Walsh from Chorley who once signed Kante so be grateful for that.

Then again imagine you probably liked Steve Walsh....

Well he’s not Steve Walsh from Chorley who once signed Kante so be grateful for that.

A load of people at the time all praised the signing of Steve Walsh and claimed he was the sole reason Leicester won the league.

What was your banned previous username and i will check out what you said at the time.

What on earth makes you think that?

Honestly, like this Brands bloke I don't really know enough about him to decide if he is of use or not. On the surface he has not covered himself in glory but who knows?

Also does it matter where he comes from? Bit of a strange comment that one.

I refuse to get excited over a bloke I know nothing about and had not even heard of until about 6 months ago.

If he comes, great, lets see what he can do.
I'd not heard of him until 13 March, when this thread was started. He's spent his whole career in Dutch football which I don't see many positives in, but he's spent the last 15 years in a role similar to DoF so at least he's experienced in that field unlike the incumbent Mr Walsh.

We do need something different and I believe we also need to take bit of a gamble if we're to turn this club around. Old tried and tested hasn't worked and new tried and tested will be looking for bigger jobs than ours. So we need to look to new but with potential.

I'm all for it but, like you, won't be singing and dancing until he (and the hopefully new manager) are both in place and showing what they can do.

I have become sceptical of the need for a DOF at our stage of evolution, but assuming this means Walsh is leaving, it is good news.

Can't say I know too much about Brands but it may mean more South American / African players arriving here, and bought cheaply.

In general our success rate with signings outside the domestic market has been quite woeful for years, it can only be good if this means it will be addressed.

He would have to tough job on his hands to fail as badly as Walsh has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back