Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two worrying things are the intimation of a faction in the playing staff/players who are disgruntled with Silva and his team, and the apparent distance between Brands/the club and Silva on recruitment.

If the disgruntled faction, assuming it isn't a figment of a frustrated newly out of the loop journalists mind, is likely to be big Dunc and the remnants of the old boys network, well tough on them. And if he, or the rest of them don't like it, then they know where the door is.

Correct, as mentioned on another forum, brands has everything on lockdown in regards to transfers and if the Richarlison and (hopefully) Bernard deals are anything to go by then other journos are getting the exclusives. Joyce filling column inches. As for the Portuguese coaching staff speaking Portuguese amongst themselves when discussing things in breaks in training I would think that’s a given.

Considering Silva went into Watford and flipped that everyone wasn't speaking English, it would surprise me that the article is spinning a few porkies!

Considering Silva went into Watford and flipped that everyone wasn't speaking English, it would surprise me that the article is spinning a few porkies!

It’s the start of the media agenda. They’ve gone from laughing at us, to patting us on the head, to now starting to become a bit annoyed, they’re only us winning a few of our opening games away from accusing us of cheating and ruining football again.

It’s the start of the media agenda. They’ve gone from laughing at us, to patting us on the head, to now starting to become a bit annoyed, they’re only us winning a few of our opening games away from accusing us of cheating and ruining football again.

Imagine if Usmanov does actually become involved at the club.....

Its like we are writing the headlines for them... hahaha

This fella could invent time travel and hand us Brazil circa 1970 and folks would find a way to moan.

He’s done a fine job so far shifting utter dung.

Get a CB before the close and he has plenty of time to evaluate for January.
He`s doing exactly what he was brought into do, seems to be quietly getting on with things.

I really don`t know what some on here expected from him.

This fella could invent time travel and hand us Brazil circa 1970 and folks would find a way to moan.

I couldn’t agree more! 1cb (left sided) and we will look in so much better shape. Then it’s a case of shifting more of Koeman & Walsh’s signings.

Its not easy selling players that you don't want... he is doing a great job, it was never going to be done overnight.

big thumbs up so far, also for blocking the transfer leaks - everything is coming out of nowhere.

He`s doing exactly what he was brought into do, seems to be quietly getting on with things.

I really don`t know what some on here expected from him.

The fact he’s shifted players we’ve wanted shut of for years: Mirallas and Williams, signed a massive position of need for years: Digne and hopefully, delivered us quite a coup in Bernard should be cause for celebration.

Aye, we need a defender and hopefully a centre mid but we haven’t had an utterly terrible window as some have made out.

Its not easy selling players that you don't want... he is doing a great job, it was never going to be done overnight.

big thumbs up so far, also for blocking the transfer leaks - everything is coming out of nowhere.

The lack of leaks, whilst annoying to an extent because you WANT news, has actually been a really welcome surprise.

Doesn't bode well that article. The two worrying things are the intimation of a faction in the playing staff/players who are disgruntled with Silva and his team, and the apparent distance between Brands/the club and Silva on recruitment.
Could it, possibly, be any worse than relations when Allardyce was in charge though?

In terms of distance between Brands/the club and Silva on recruitment it feels like the right people are going out the door and right people are coming in the door...to me anyway. Again, in comparison to what we had to endure last pre-season (Koeman) / season (Allardyce).

Staying positive here, but I was positive this time last year and look how that turned out. No-one knows what's going to happen until about 10 games in basically. Allardyce v2.0? <bowk>

The lack of leaks, whilst annoying to an extent because you WANT news, has actually been a really welcome surprise.

Yep, everyone thirsty for any twitter link, but most moves have come out of nowhere... which is good.

Glad things have been on lock down a little bit, the leaks from the Walsh crew, and Koeman's friends in the media was tedious.

The fact he’s shifted players we’ve wanted shut of for years: Mirallas and Williams, signed a massive position of need for years: Digne and hopefully, delivered us quite a coup in Bernard should be cause for celebration.

Aye, we need a defender and hopefully a centre mid but we haven’t had an utterly terrible window as some have made out.

I’d Be just has happy if instead of buying a cm we sold Schneiderlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back