2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need 8 homegrown players and I think we might have like 12-13.

The homegrown rule only really effects those sides who stockpile a 25 man squad with first team calibre internationals,

We could in theory have an entire starting 11 and bench which only includes one, and those outside of that make up the quota.

Just as a cursory glance though, we gave absolutely no issues with this quota and won't have for the forseeable future.

I think some people need to realise we just can't sell Lookman and Walcott either. There will be home grown player rules to adhere to as well. If we to sell either of them or both as well as possible departures of Baines and Jags, all we would have left is Pickford, DCL and some of the younger ones who maybe over 21 like Dowell etc. Do Siggy and Schneids count as home gown? Maybe then the likes of Pennington and Williams will be squad players next season for the home gown rule.

Sigurdsson and schneiderlin both classify, as obviously does Keane, Pickford, Kenny, Davies DCL.

I just dont see space for Lozano, or the real purpose at this point unless we move someone on. The reality is, going into next season we have Richy, Tosun, Lookman, Walcott, Bernard, and Onyekuru for 3 positions. Adding Lozano is a waste of resources. The only way it makes sense is if he is a significant upgrade at the wing position, and we move on one of our wingers, maybe even 2. Right now in order for even Lookman to play we would have to bench one of Richy, Bernard and Walcott. If we sell Walcott, and play Lookman, that still puts Lozano on the outside, unless we then also sell Lookman. And this is all keeping in mind that Onyekuru should finally be in the fold this summer.

I just dont see any space for the move, regardless of Brands convenient connection, unless we sell probably at least Walcott and Lookman.
If Silva has Richarlison down as a number 9 long term then we essentially have 3 wide options (Walcott Bernard Lookman) for two positions. Bernard is probably first cover at number 10 as well if Siggurdson got injured. So one injury and we are down to 2 wide options with Calvert Lewin or Dowell next in line. Lozano could in theory be brought in as a long term first choice option with Walcott (who wasn’t a Silva signing) being phased out as a squad player.
You must 6 players for those three positions, one of whom isnt at the club even two years after signing and whose loan spells have hardly set the world on fire, be surprised if he ever kicks a ball for us myself, one of the others has been reduced to third choice in his natural position up top in favour of a 21 yo winger, and a 21yo raw striker. that'd suggest he's not exactly in the managers plans long term as a starter, one other is 29 - relies entirely on his pace and is inconsistent and injury prone.

Adding a player such as lozano is never a waste of resources.

Front 3 of lozano, Bernard, Richarlison, with Walcott and lookman on the bench. Is better by far than Walcott, Bernard, Richarlison, with lookman only in reserve, both in starting quality and depth.

Currently;

Richarlison / Sigurdsson are undroppable
Bernard is adjusting to the league
Walcott is inconsistent
Lookman / DCL are young + coming through
Onyekuru / Vlasic are on loan
Tosun doesnt cut the mustard
Niasse is...Niasse.

I would say that we look like this;

Sigurdsson
??? Richarlison Bernard
Bernard needs game time to adjust to the league whilst Sigurdsson and Richarlison are currently undroppable.

This leaves one position between Walcott and Lookman. Ive always said Walcott will be good until the end of this season...Lookman is also always improving and can play Sigurdssons position as well as Bernards on the left.

I think what we need is;

Attacking centre mid: Sigurdsson/Vlasic
Wide forward: ???/Bernard/Lookman/Onyekuru
Centre forward: Richarlison/???/DCL

Sell Walcott + Tosun + Niasse
Sign Lozano and a centre forward

Then we look very dangerous.

From the recent article it was clear he take the time to give players the "personal touch". However he also gives good consideration to what would motivate them to join. It seems that was a big part of what the sales pitch was. It is very sensible and would work well here too.

If you take a lad like Malcolm, he looks to have made the wrong decision to move too soon, moving here (or Roma) would have been a smarter move for him.

This is going to mean accepting turning over of players. We have rightly grown quite scared of this but we do need to embrace it more. It will provide the liquidity and funds for Brands to reinvest. From a players perspective they will be far keener to join us as a result.

Lozano to Everton, to work with Silva makes great sense now. If he kicks on he will move on in 2-3 years to another team at a substantial profit.

I suspect Richarlinson could leave for £100+ million next summer. This will pay for Zouma, Gomes, Lozano and possible even Digne. It's a worthwhile sacrifice.

It would make no sense to sell Richarlison after 1 season. The clubs goal is to reach the top 4 consistently and for that we would need at least 1 or 2 seasons more from Richarlison.

Its definitely not a 'worthwhile sacrifice' to sell a potential superstar which we need to keep in order to reach the top places.

If anything we need to be adding to him with Lozano and whoever else to get a year in the champions league before thinking about recycling players.

The homegrown rule only really effects those sides who stockpile a 25 man squad with first team calibre internationals,

We could in theory have an entire starting 11 and bench which only includes one, and those outside of that make up the quota.

Just as a cursory glance though, we gave absolutely no issues with this quota and won't have for the forseeable future.

Yeh I know but we still aren’t too far off the lower limit for them if say we sold Lookman and Walcott.

From the recent article it was clear he take the time to give players the "personal touch". However he also gives good consideration to what would motivate them to join. It seems that was a big part of what the sales pitch was. It is very sensible and would work well here too.

If you take a lad like Malcolm, he looks to have made the wrong decision to move too soon, moving here (or Roma) would have been a smarter move for him.

This is going to mean accepting turning over of players. We have rightly grown quite scared of this but we do need to embrace it more. It will provide the liquidity and funds for Brands to reinvest. From a players perspective they will be far keener to join us as a result.

Lozano to Everton, to work with Silva makes great sense now. If he kicks on he will move on in 2-3 years to another team at a substantial profit.

I suspect Richarlinson could leave for £100+ million next summer. This will pay for Zouma, Gomes, Lozano and possible even Digne. It's a worthwhile sacrifice.
However Silva has publicly stated that we must stop selling our best players
I can see the logic in the turnover of players for profit but I think the plan is CL and we won’t get that by selling our best players for a profit
UnlessSilva is saying one thing in public and something different in private to the players

Currently;

Richarlison / Sigurdsson are undroppable
Bernard is adjusting to the league
Walcott is inconsistent
Lookman / DCL are young + coming through
Onyekuru / Vlasic are on loan
Tosun doesnt cut the mustard
Niasse is...Niasse.

I would say that we look like this;

Sigurdsson
??? Richarlison Bernard
Bernard needs game time to adjust to the league whilst Sigurdsson and Richarlison are currently undroppable.

This leaves one position between Walcott and Lookman. Ive always said Walcott will be good until the end of this season...Lookman is also always improving and can play Sigurdssons position as well as Bernards on the left.

I think what we need is;

Attacking centre mid: Sigurdsson/Vlasic
Wide forward: ???/Bernard/Lookman/Onyekuru
Centre forward: Richarlison/???/DCL

Sell Walcott + Tosun + Niasse
Sign Lozano and a centre forward

Then we look very dangerous.

It would make no sense to sell Richarlison after 1 season. The clubs goal is to reach the top 4 consistently and for that we would need at least 1 or 2 seasons more from Richarlison.

Its definitely not a 'worthwhile sacrifice' to sell a potential superstar which we need to keep in order to reach the top places.

If anything we need to be adding to him with Lozano and whoever else to get a year in the champions league before thinking about recycling players.
Sport on, we are on the way to being a better team than the one lukaku played in. But losing him showed how a mid table team will struggle when they sell their only superstar player.

Ideally I hope he stays fir years, but bring in Lozano and add another Young exciting striker. And have 3 or 4 £100mil players. And it’s much easier to cope when you lose one.

Sport on, we are on the way to being a better team than the one lukaku played in. But losing him showed how a mid table team will struggle when they sell their only superstar player.

Ideally I hope he stays fir years, but bring in Lozano and add another Young exciting striker. And have 3 or 4 £100mil players. And it’s much easier to cope when you lose one.

This is in no way trying to revise history on Rom, who has been our best striker of the last 30 years.

However, we are far and away a better, more balanced side than the one he played in. That isn't because of him, I just mean in the general sense that we've improved everywhere else on the pitch.

13-14 we had an excellent team, but the squad lacked depth.

Just seen brands at Warrington Bank Quay train station waiting for Glasgow train are we scouting anyone from celtic game tonight
Tierney has played RB for Scotland as well as LB for Celtic
We were supposedly interested before as a LB so you would never know
Maybe a swop deal with Lookman and a Leipzig player is on the cards

Sigurdsson and schneiderlin both classify, as obviously does Keane, Pickford, Kenny, Davies DCL.
Thought they might have. Also forgot Holgate. Its just that everyone talks about selling players on here seem to be all the home grown ones. So the ones that everyone wants sold seem to be Schneids, Baines, Jags, Walcott and Lookman. That will be 5 less straight out. If we get close to the bottom end of the alowance then we will have to look at promoting youth or buying english to fill the quota. Hopefully some of the youth will fill in the need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back