2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels good to have trust back iin player recruitment at the club.

Wasn't too long ago Steve Walsh was trying to sign Zohore from Cardiff (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41085072) - the lad can't even get in the starting lineup for Cardiff!! No we're selling them Niasse as an upgrade on their current striker!

God I hate that man so much, set the club back years

Feels good to have trust back iin player recruitment at the club.

Wasn't too long ago Steve Walsh was trying to sign Zohore from Cardiff (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41085072) - the lad can't even get in the starting lineup for Cardiff!! No we're selling them Niasse as an upgrade on their current striker!

We'd have £35m 29 year old Moussa Sissoko (who has finally improved 2 years on) and £25m 29 year old Lamine Kone too.

The damage Koeman/Walsh did is unbelievable, particularly when you look at the contracts they signed.

Will take at least 3 more years to fix.

We'd have £35m 29 year old Moussa Sissoko (who has finally improved 2 years on) and £25m 29 year old Lamine Kone too.

The damage Koeman/Walsh did is unbelievable, particularly when you look at the contracts they signed.

What they did and how they got away with it for so long is ridiculous

Agree, but I have ran a business that failed and when I thought about it, it was my fault. The crap sales team were like that because I allowed them the environment to do it and did not fire when I should. Our owner chose the wrong people and gave them too much budget at once. The buck stops at the very top.
Fortunately he has delegated those duties to somebody with greater experience...but it will take time.

That point you touch on is so much more impactful than I think most fans realise.

The player recruitment under Walsh has set this club back YEARS for how disjointed it was. Even now I can't pick more than 2 players who genuinely were good signings, Pickford and gueye. I genuinely can't pick out any more players that were great signings.

But then part of the issue was last summer. Some of the signings in my opinion were decent. For example I still think klassen was a good signing by himself. Yet sign Rooney siggurdson vlasic to play that role also and suddenly klassen doesn't get a game? Signing 4 of the same position was incredible , especially as they all lacked pace. Siggurdson has proven to be what he is , a good midtable midfielder. Brilliant moments but compare him to an eriksen, Silva, dear bruyne player and you can see the difference in what they bring to a team.

Everyone else brought in without any form or plan is why we are struggling so badly. There is no chemistry because none of the players fit together. Compare that to this season, not quite as good as the previous pairing but richarldson and digne on the left is a massive improvement .

The scary thought for me is if brands had the money Walsh did last season, how much potential would we have right now? He picked out international players within 3 months, imagine what 200 million would have brought us?

That's why I don't care right now. I'm not jumping on Silva or thinking short term because what's the point? Brands needs at least 2 years to form anything worthy of a balanced squad now we are back to limited budget and shifting bad players out the best we can.

A certain other manager got nowhere in the league until his board signed him the players to actually have a title challenge, I am sure in the same time frame brands can give Silva the same, on a lower budget as well.

Until then , this is the aftermath we have to deal with as fans.

That point you touch on is so much more impactful than I think most fans realise.

The player recruitment under Walsh has set this club back YEARS for how disjointed it was. Even now I can't pick more than 2 players who genuinely were good signings, Pickford and gueye. I genuinely can't pick out any more players that were great signings.

But then part of the issue was last summer. Some of the signings in my opinion were decent. For example I still think klassen was a good signing by himself. Yet sign Rooney siggurdson vlasic to play that role also and suddenly klassen doesn't get a game? Signing 4 of the same position was incredible , especially as they all lacked pace. Siggurdson has proven to be what he is , a good midtable midfielder. Brilliant moments but compare him to an eriksen, Silva, dear bruyne player and you can see the difference in what they bring to a team.

Everyone else brought in without any form or plan is why we are struggling so badly. There is no chemistry because none of the players fit together. Compare that to this season, not quite as good as the previous pairing but richarldson and digne on the left is a massive improvement .

The scary thought for me is if brands had the money Walsh did last season, how much potential would we have right now? He picked out international players within 3 months, imagine what 200 million would have brought us?

That's why I don't care right now. I'm not jumping on Silva or thinking short term because what's the point? Brands needs at least 2 years to form anything worthy of a balanced squad now we are back to limited budget and shifting bad players out the best we can.

A certain other manager got nowhere in the league until his board signed him the players to actually have a title challenge, I am sure in the same time frame brands can give Silva the same, on a lower budget as well.

Hold up... you think Klaassen was a good signing!?

Sensible post

Hold up... you think Klaassen was a good signing!?
Yes.

Considering we signed him from a different league, hardly have him a game and dropped him after he got on the pitch. Adding to the fact the whole team was devoid of confidence or passion, it was an impossible Job for him to adapt and hit the ground running.

Wiki tells me he played only 7 league games for us. Probably a fair few off the bench. What chance did he ever have here?

Earn for wage now Marcel by getting rid of the useless pile of trash we've accumulated over the past three seasons amongst our squad.

Agree, but I have ran a business that failed and when I thought about it, it was my fault. The crap sales team were like that because I allowed them the environment to do it and did not fire when I should. Our owner chose the wrong people and gave them too much budget at once. The buck stops at the very top.
Fortunately he has delegated those duties to somebody with greater experience...but it will take time.

I think the result of that is Brands on the board, which is both devolving responsibility to him, and taking it away from Kenwright and Moshiri in a sort of.a handover of responsibilities. Its sensible, and puts more pressure on someone who has got loads of experience. I think Brands can turn things around in 2 years.

Earn for wage now Marcel by getting rid of the useless pile of trash we've accumulated over the past three seasons amongst our squad.

Easier said than done Butters, not many mugs err I mean clubs will be willing to pay some of the ridiculous wages Walsh offered the likes of Bolasie, Sandro and Schneiderlin. The easier shifters are the ones leaving in the summer anyway like Williams, Jagielka, Baines and Galloway

Easier said than done Butters, not many mugs err I mean clubs will be willing to pay some of the ridiculous wages Walsh offered the likes of Bolasie, Sandro and Schneiderlin. The easier shifters are the ones leaving in the summer anyway like Williams, Jagielka, Baines and Galloway
Jagielka is saying he still has a role to play, itching for an extension. The brass neck of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back