2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, you make out like he is some sort of mind controller. If they wanted him out they would do so. He has obviously heard otherwise. Just as if he made the decision for Holgate to go on loan, the simple fact is, Mason needs game time, jags doesn't. He is able enough to deputise should it be needed. As I said, it is not easy to get someone to sit on the bench for a whole season, jags, as club captain and at 36 is willing to do that. Anyway, fortunately Bransds and Silva know what they are on about.
There’s 70,000 reasons why he’d do that, something he wouldn’t be getting at anyone else.

He’s not good enough, he has to go. It’s as simple as that.

I think the fact that we appointed a DoF who had seen Klaassen's entire career at close hand, and one of the first things he did was sell him for half what we paid for him, suggests that this is probably not true.
A very astute observation. Klaasen was just not suited to English league football. There's plenty of very very good footballers who weren't either like Juan Sebastian Veron for example, and others who just seem to fit it like a glove.

I think the fact that we appointed a DoF who had seen Klaassen's entire career at close hand, and one of the first things he did was sell him for half what we paid for him, suggests that this is probably not true.
Klaassen is a good player, but he’s not built for a league like the prem. He’s doing well in Germany now, which isnt an easy league either, but he’s probably got a little more time on the ball there.

Yes.

Considering we signed him from a different league, hardly have him a game and dropped him after he got on the pitch. Adding to the fact the whole team was devoid of confidence or passion, it was an impossible Job for him to adapt and hit the ground running.

Wiki tells me he played only 7 league games for us. Probably a fair few off the bench. What chance did he ever have here?
Excellent post above Kenshin, but Klassen was one of those players who is only good if these ten specific things are in place, ie he can't be successful on his own terms - so is not in fact a good player. Good players go to a new environment and prove themselves by overcoming the adversity of not everything being made to measure for them. Davey got asked 'Who are you?' first day at training and basically had no answer.

Yes.

Considering we signed him from a different league, hardly have him a game and dropped him after he got on the pitch. Adding to the fact the whole team was devoid of confidence or passion, it was an impossible Job for him to adapt and hit the ground running.

Wiki tells me he played only 7 league games for us. Probably a fair few off the bench. What chance did he ever have here?

I think Klaassen is a player who will do (and has done) well in certain leagues, but it mystifies me that Koeman/Walsh thought he was suitable for the premier league.

He’s not a physical player at all, he’s not quick enough and he never looked comfortable at all in any of his appearances. He was bullied off the ball very easily and he never made a positive impact, he went missing and the games totally passed him by.

One of the weakest established players I’ve seen in an Everton shirt in terms of his suitability - he would be replaced by the likes of Tom Davies who would seem like a world beater by comprison.

I appreciate it takes time to adapt, but I think Klaassen would still be struggling if he was here now. He certainly wasn’t a good signing in my book - all the warning signs were there (and duly ignored).

Klassen is a good player and if players were bought to suit him in midfield he could have done well here

See above, however just to add to this, we’re not privileged enough to build a team around Klaassen in the hope that he performs. Ultimately, in this game, you need to perform in the team you play for or you’re not going to survive.

I think Klaassen is a player who will do (and has done) well in certain leagues, but it mystifies me that Koeman/Walsh thought he was suitable for the premier league.

He’s not a physical player at all, he’s not quick enough and he never looked comfortable at all in any of his appearances. He was bullied off the ball very easily and he never made a positive impact, he went missing and the games totally passed him by.

One of the weakest established players I’ve seen in an Everton shirt in terms of his suitability - he would be replaced by the likes of Tom Davies who would seem like a world beater by comprison.

I appreciate it takes time to adapt, but I think Klaassen would still be struggling if he was here now. He certainly wasn’t a good signing in my book - all the warning signs were there (and duly ignored).
You'd like to think that a good footballer will always find a way to play regardless of physicality - but I guess that's just not the case with our league. Some small players can run the show in the middle of the park, but Klassen evidently lacks whatever it is they have.

Recall Ajax fans posting here saying he was an absolute lock to do well - Mr consistency and a leader. Southampton fans said the same about Schneiderlin - never had a game less than 7/10 and was usually an 8 or a 9. Decent, reasoned posts as well, not just fanboys bigging them up. Didn't expect him to bomb so badly myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back