2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t sign the utter crap we have left from Walsh on a perm. The best we can realistically hope for is a couple of them have a play themselves into a bit of form and some mugs take them off us for a big loss. The rest we’ll have to try and loan out to subsidise their wage until their contract is up.

That point you touch on is so much more impactful than I think most fans realise.

The player recruitment under Walsh has set this club back YEARS for how disjointed it was. Even now I can't pick more than 2 players who genuinely were good signings, Pickford and gueye. I genuinely can't pick out any more players that were great signings.

But then part of the issue was last summer. Some of the signings in my opinion were decent. For example I still think klassen was a good signing by himself. Yet sign Rooney siggurdson vlasic to play that role also and suddenly klassen doesn't get a game? Signing 4 of the same position was incredible , especially as they all lacked pace. Siggurdson has proven to be what he is , a good midtable midfielder. Brilliant moments but compare him to an eriksen, Silva, dear bruyne player and you can see the difference in what they bring to a team.

Everyone else brought in without any form or plan is why we are struggling so badly. There is no chemistry because none of the players fit together. Compare that to this season, not quite as good as the previous pairing but richarldson and digne on the left is a massive improvement .

The scary thought for me is if brands had the money Walsh did last season, how much potential would we have right now? He picked out international players within 3 months, imagine what 200 million would have brought us?

That's why I don't care right now. I'm not jumping on Silva or thinking short term because what's the point? Brands needs at least 2 years to form anything worthy of a balanced squad now we are back to limited budget and shifting bad players out the best we can.

A certain other manager got nowhere in the league until his board signed him the players to actually have a title challenge, I am sure in the same time frame brands can give Silva the same, on a lower budget as well.

Until then , this is the aftermath we have to deal with as fans.
Very good post. If only most of the fans could be so understanding

Jagielka is saying he still has a role to play, itching for an extension. The brass neck of him.

Brass neck?? Club captain and the manager is happy with his attitude at being 4th choice. WHat do you suggest, let him go and then find someone else in who is willing to sit there all season? If he gets an extension it will be down to Brands and Silva not Jags.

Brass neck?? Club captain and the manager is happy with his attitude at being 4th choice. WHat do you suggest, let him go and then find someone else in who is willing to sit there all season? If he gets an extension it will be down to Brands and Silva not Jags.
He’s been injured and banned for most of this season. He isn’t needed at all. An academy player could do the job he is currently doing, offer the same ‘quality’, if that word can be used to describe him now, and be on a lot less wages.

He’s been injured and banned for most of this season. He isn’t needed at all. An academy player could do the job he is currently doing, offer the same ‘quality’, if that word can be used to describe him now, and be on a lot less wages.

Banned for 3 games, harshly.
Are you really having a go at him because he has been injured?!?!
As for the academy player that could come in and do the job, tell me oh wise one, who is this man cos Marcel and Brands cannot spot him.

Utter short sighted, dis-loyal madness imo.

As for the academy player that could come in and do the job, tell me oh wise one, who is this man cos Marcel and Brands cannot spot him.

I’d say being 36 and injury prone doesn’t scream ‘Premier League player’, does it? He should have retired years ago, but no, he’ll claw onto the gravy train. It’s embarrasing now.

Have you ever thought that Jagielka is halting an academy player’s prospects? For a start, Holgate offers more than Jagielka does and he’s had to go on loan.

Thankfully, I have faith that Brands will have the sense to punt him out of the club. Has the added bonus of getting that loser attitude out with him, too.

Ryan Astley. Get him in there.

I’d say being 36 and injury prone doesn’t scream ‘Premier League player’, does it? He should have retired years ago, but no, he’ll claw onto the gravy train. It’s embarrasing now.

Have you ever thought that Jagielka is halting an academy player’s prospects? For a start, Holgate offers more than Jagielka does and he’s had to go on loan.

Thankfully, I have faith that Brands will have the sense to punt him out of the club. Has the added bonus of getting that loser attitude out with him, too.

LOL, you make out like he is some sort of mind controller. If they wanted him out they would do so. He has obviously heard otherwise. Just as if he made the decision for Holgate to go on loan, the simple fact is, Mason needs game time, jags doesn't. He is able enough to deputise should it be needed. As I said, it is not easy to get someone to sit on the bench for a whole season, jags, as club captain and at 36 is willing to do that. Anyway, fortunately Bransds and Silva know what they are on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back