2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's hopless....and he looks like Biffo the Bear.

275px-Biffo_the_Bear.jpg
488DBE5000000578-0-image-a-71_1516980429832.jpg
@degsy

Having a mare, sell Gueye, let Silva resign in protest, and Brands can have the player of the season award since he has done more then most of the squad

this could be such an everton window..

lose arguably our best midfielder, the manager resigns, no incomings, and brands quits in utter bewilderment.

and it could all happen!

basket case club at its finest

Anderlcht wont be able to afford Bolasie so its a waste of a move.

As soon as I saw us quoting £20 million for Tosun I knew he would struggle getting these players out the door.

Stop asking for daft transfer fees and just take the hit.
The feller sounds bewildered by a task that represents about 50% of his job.

I have visions of Brands going down the local Cash Converters and donating a Rolex.

Anderlcht wont be able to afford Bolasie so its a waste of a move.

As soon as I saw us quoting £20 million for Tosun I knew he would struggle getting these players out the door.

Stop asking for daft transfer fees and just take the hit.
It’s not a waste of a move.

It’s his all or part of his wages off the books for a few months.

As for tosun. How much money would you want us to lose on him?

The problem is we want to abide by FFP and doing so means we simply have to get a good few wasters on long contracts off the books. The current scenario we face is loaning all these players for the next 2-3 years until their contracts terminate.

I would rather we bite the bullet, take big losses on the lot of them and draw a line under the sand and write it off as bad business under the previous DOF.

For me if we want rid of Tosun to be able to bring in a decent striker - sell for £10-12 million not £20 million. I would say the same for Morgan.

Bolasie, Niasse, Besic, McCarthy: £6-7 million for each of them and get rid.

Sandro, Mirallas, Martina - a packet of crisps

The problem is we want to abide by FFP and doing so means we simply have to get a good few wasters on long contracts off the books. The current scenario we face is loaning all these players for the next 2-3 years until their contracts terminate.

I would rather we bite the bullet, take big losses on the lot of them and draw a line under the sand and write it off as bad business under the previous DOF.

For me if we want rid of Tosun to be able to bring in a decent striker - sell for £10-12 million not £20 million. I would say the same for Morgan.

...yes, and it's something Brands has done on Klaassen. Why has he stopped that practice?

I'm not having a go at Brands but it's worth noting his wages were already off the books, only for us to find we'd allowed him to have a frankly ludicrous clause in his contract that meant he could just jib his loan at any time. I doubt Anderlecht have got the money to be paying as much as Villa were, so we may well have the pretty ridiculous situation of spending 6 months telling everyone that we need to slash the wage bill and then managing to increase it instead. Everton that.

But if you want to abide by FFP you can’t go making massive losses on players

Tosun may not be ideal in this team but I’d rather keep him for the chance he may bag 10 goals a season than sell him for £10m less than what we bought for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back