2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has managed to find a club to take martina he can do this with a lot more the dross that is within the ranks of this wonderful club. I can’t see why people are thinking the worst of this guy he has been in the job 6 months and is doing well. Leave off giving him stick and let’s see where we are this time next year when he has had 18 months to work his magic

...yes, and it's something Brands has done on Klaassen. Why has he stopped that practice?
because klassen was bad, but he wasn't half as bad as the rest of them lot..

klassen could still dine out on being ajax captain for several years and a Europa final the season before

How was Klaassen different to Vlasic and Ramirez?

ive just told you. klassen was ajax captain for several years and got them to a Europa final

vlaisic played for a hadjuk split and did ok. Sandro must be the luckiest player ever to get a contract of the size he got, on the back of scoring 13 goals for malaga and that's it.

clubs were much more prepared to take a punt on klassen. funnily enough that's what happened. the other 2 are still here rinsing us

ive just told you. klassen was ajax captain for several years and got them to a Europa final

vlaisic played for a hadjuk split and did ok. Sandro must be the luckiest player ever to get a contract of the size he got, on the back of scoring 13 goals for malaga and that's it.

clubs were much more prepared to take a punt on klassen. funnily enough that's what happened. the other 2 are still here rinsing us
You;re talking like these players cant possibly command a fee even below their initial cost to Everton. That's bunkum.

ITS THE WAGES MATE.

He does seem to keep avoiding the wages part.....we can agree fees all day every day, even at a loss, but if the player has no interest in moving unless its for the same weekly moolah that dumb Everton pay them then there's little to be done.

I am sure some Spanish club would have bought Sandro at a similar fee to that which we paid or more...for example, but I don't think anybody would offer him the same wages and the player is probably reluctant to take the hit.

Not that I'm a Brands fan or anything. I've no clue if he will have much of an impact with us but I understand why many are hanging all their hopes on him during such a crap period in the club.

ITS THE WAGES MATE.
Way too much is being made of the wages. Yes, one or two are on a kings ransom and will prove tough to shift, but the majority are on a lot less - relatively speaking.

My own opinion on Brands and these loans is that he's signed up to a mad Moshiri policy of sell to buy that's tied his hands trying to get players in, as he'd prebvioulsy agreed a shedload of loans for a 12 month period. If that's happened then he just looks like another patsy co-opted onto the Everton board.

Way too much is being made of the wages. Yes, one or two are on a kings ransom and will prove tough to shift, but the majority are on a lot less - relatively speaking.

My own opinion on Brands and these loans is that he's signed up to a mad Moshiri policy of sell to buy that's tied his hands trying to get players in, as he'd prebvioulsy agreed a shedload of loans for a 12 month period. If that's happened then he just looks like another patsy co-opted onto the Everton board.
Jet fuel melts steel gerders tho m8

Rubbish Dave and you know it. We shipped out quite a bit of deadwood and some on loan but they were out and wages paid elsewhere. As for loans to us that was all the holding clubs would agree to. You were the one complaining quite a bit about big transfer fees and big wages make your bleeding mind up!

Or a loan for an out of form player is better than selling for less than your valuation. This isn't that complicated. He's doing his job, rather well I might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back