2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
But hold on, we're now seeing loans piled on top of loans for the same player. It seems to me that this isn't about loaning and keeping your powder dry to sell at a later more fruitful moment; it looks more like a policy of keep loaning these players out until their contracts are run down to a point where a free transfer will be the only option.

As said: SHOW ME THE MONEY. Fet the sale done and stop farting about. Even if you take a hit on them. I dont hold with the 'wages off the books' defence of this situation. It looks like a very lame attempt to throw a bone to a DoF who looks out of his depth wheeling and dealing on a large scale.
Aww bless lol

You take a hit on the fee and get him out of the club. That way at least some cash comes in to recycle...remember, THAT is the name of the game with Everton: sell two, buy one. That's the only overarching thing we need to understand.

What bids have come in and been rejected Dave?

If I was the buying club ina deal for Bolassie I'd at best offer a loan with the option to buy. Even at a heavily reduced fee it's still, including wages, a decent wedge for a Championship club who already know he's possibly not good enough for the Premier League even before last years bad injury.

What bids have come in and been rejected Dave?

If I was the buying club ina deal for Bolassie I'd at best offer a loan with the option to buy. Even at a heavily reduced fee it's still, including wages, a decent wedge for a Championship club who already know he's possibly not good enough for the Premier League even before last years bad injury.
But Everton have the players other club's want. They are getting them on loan because we apparently lack the determination to make them buy our players.

But Everton have the players other club's want. They are getting them on loan because we apparently lack the determination to make them buy our players.

What facts are you basing this on? Which of our loaned out players since Brands came in have clubs been interested in buying? Did we successfully resist the determination of Chelsea and Barca to make us buy Zouma & Gomes?

WTF?

People are taking our players on loan for a variety of reasons, just like all other players are moving on loan for. Hardly anyone buys in January. What makes you think we can make teams buy our dross on massive wages?

Other teams are obviously taking our players on loan for less than full wage contributions. Any wage contribution is beneficial over having a grumpy player hanging around like a bad smell and paying him 100% wages... If it's not a buying market, this is the best alternative for the mess the previous idiots put us in.

Really baffled why you are struggling with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back