2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just conveniently going to forget that we had a deal in place for besic but he knocked it back last minute because of his wage demands. So we had to loan him to get him off our books.

Also we had a price for lookman, it was £25m apparently. Why should we go below that? In fact you'd be the first to stick the boot in if we did drop below that.

Just any excuse to have a go at the club as per...
Nope.

Leipzig made a very reasonable offer. £25M + add ons, for a player who cost Everton £11M a year earlier. The deal was there to be done. It was poor judgement to turn that down.

In short: I have zero faith in Brands to make a sensible decision on shifting our players out.
But this is just your opinion Dave? You talk as if what you say is fact. Many people will think this player has much more potential than selling now for 25m.

Plus, there's about 12 players I'd have thought you'd have mentioned before trying to sell off a good player with potential... Any bids you're aware of for them?

But this is just your opinion Dave? You talk as if what you say is fact. Many people will think this player has much more potential than selling now for 25m.

Plus, there's about 12 players I'd have thought you'd have mentioned before trying to sell off a good player with potential... Any bids you're aware of for them?
He might have potential, but he has no heart for Everton. None. He's here under sufference.

£25M + add ons for a player like that?

He gets the benefit of the doubt this month for all the loans. But in the summer he must get these players permanently off our payroll. He can't keep kicking the can down the road. They will all have another year off their book value by then. That means less hits on FFP. That means more scope to sell low.

We won't improve until the 20 odd no marks we have our sold and our squad is back to a sensible numerical size. No excuses in the summer.

Agreed, we went into this window knowing that we desperately needed a striker and really needed a right back. Not only did we not get either but we failed to sell any of our dead wood. Massive disappointment for me.
Hold on, you've just been telling me no one's buying and the club have no case to answer to.

Make your mind up.

My gripe isn't so much this window where loans are the order of the day, it's what happened in the summer when players were commanding fees. We took a massive hit on Klaassen to get cash in, but that was an isolated case. There could and should have been a deal done with Leipzig for Lookman at the very least. And Besic should have been sold to Boro for whatever they could afford. These are players not on massive wages and needed selling.

So here we are now with 21 on loan and their value plummetting as their contratcs wind down...a club that has to sell a couple to buy one. If you think there's joined up thinking between the owner's priorities and the DoF's job and the manager's requirements then I salute you. Please share this rationality with the rest of us.
You shouldn't salute them Dave you should shoot them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back