2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTF?

People are taking our players on loan for a variety of reasons, just like all other players are moving on loan for. Hardly anyone buys in January. What makes you think we can make teams buy our dross on massive wages?

Other teams are obviously taking our players on loan for less than full wage contributions. Any wage contribution is beneficial over having a grumpy player hanging around like a bad smell and paying him 100% wages... If it's not a buying market, this is the best alternative for the mess the previous idiots put us in.

Really baffled why you are struggling with this?
My gripe isn't so much this window where loans are the order of the day, it's what happened in the summer when players were commanding fees. We took a massive hit on Klaassen to get cash in, but that was an isolated case. There could and should have been a deal done with Leipzig for Lookman at the very least. And Besic should have been sold to Boro for whatever they could afford. These are players not on massive wages and needed selling.

So here we are now with 21 on loan and their value plummetting as their contratcs wind down...a club that has to sell a couple to buy one. If you think there's joined up thinking between the owner's priorities and the DoF's job and the manager's requirements then I salute you. Please share this rationality with the rest of us.

Yep. Not enough really. Cuco on a permanent if the rumours about Feyenoord having an obligation are to be believed.

Hope so.

Even having just one more of the mistakes with their foot out the door is a small positive to take away.

But way less than I was hoping for.

I look forward to a day where I don't want to kick at least half the squad in the balls

Disappointed that he didn’t sell anyone.

Feels very weird saying that..

The likes of Bolasie (we’ll be losing money on him now as there’s no chance Anderlecht can pay £70k pw), Schneiderlin, Niasse should have been sold this window to desperate clubs.

I know we can’t magic up interest but I find it impossible to believe that there weren’t clubs willing to pay for those three.

My gripe isn't so much this window where loans are the order of the day, it's what happened in the summer when players were commanding fees. We took a massive hit on Klaassen to get cash in, but that was an isolated case. There could and should have been a deal done with Leipzig for Lookman at the very least. And Besic should have been sold to Boro for whatever they could afford. These are players not on massive wages and needed selling.

So here we are now with 21 on loan and their value plummetting as their contratcs wind down...a club that has to sell a couple to buy one. If you think there's joined up thinking between the owner's priorities and the DoF's job and the manager's requirements then I salute you. Please share this rationality with the rest of us.

Back in a short Summer window where both manager and DofF had just started the job. Both had to be allowed time to settle into the club, both needed further time to assess the squad and had players on massive wages that many clubs wouldn't match even at knockdown transfer fees...

My opinion is that Brands got rid of more than I expected him to under the circumstances, albeit temporarily. Do you really think if clubs were really in a position to buy our players then, we would have opted for loans instead?

I'm prepared to judge them during and after a full, normal pre season period... I think it's only fair.

Back in a short Summer window where both manager and DofF had just started the job. Both had to be allowed time to settle into the club, both needed further time to assess the squad and had players on massive wages that many clubs wouldn't match even at knockdown transfer fees...

My opinion is that Brands got rid of more than I expected him to under the circumstances, albeit temporarily. Do you really think if clubs were really in a position to buy our players then, we would have opted for loans instead?

I'm prepared to judge them during and after a full, normal pre season period... I think it's only fair.
Leipzig made a very reasonable offer. £25M + add ons, for a player who cost Everton £11M a year earlier. The deal was there to be done. It was poor judgement to turn that down.

In short: I have zero faith in Brands to make a sensible decision on shifting our players out.

We just conveniently going to forget that we had a deal in place for besic but he knocked it back last minute because of his wage demands. So we had to loan him to get him off our books.

Also we had a price for lookman, it was £25m apparently. Why should we go below that? In fact you'd be the first to stick the boot in if we did drop below that.

Just any excuse to have a go at the club as per...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back