2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a loan for an out of form player is better than selling for less than your valuation. This isn't that complicated. He's doing his job, rather well I might add.
But hold on, we're now seeing loans piled on top of loans for the same player. It seems to me that this isn't about loaning and keeping your powder dry to sell at a later more fruitful moment; it looks more like a policy of keep loaning these players out until their contracts are run down to a point where a free transfer will be the only option.

As said: SHOW ME THE MONEY. Fet the sale done and stop farting about. Even if you take a hit on them. I dont hold with the 'wages off the books' defence of this situation. It looks like a very lame attempt to throw a bone to a DoF who looks out of his depth wheeling and dealing on a large scale.

But hold on, we're now seeing loans piled on top of loans for the same player. It seems to me that this isn't about loaning and keeping your powder dry to sell at a later more fruitful moment; it looks more like a policy of keep loaning these players out until their contracts are run down to a point where a free transfer will be the only option.

As said: SHOW ME THE MONEY. Fet the sale done and stop farting about. Even if you take a hit on them. I dont hold with the 'wages off the books' defence of this situation. It looks like a very lame attempt to throw a bone to a DoF who looks out of his depth wheeling and dealing on a large scale.

This is simply a function of math and valuation. Mostly math. Bolasie is on say 70K a week. That's 3.5M a year. Do you supplement salary to just get a sale? He's probably getting close to being fully fit. He's not going to play here and not gaining value on our bench. A lot of teams don't have budget to spend in January, either. My guess is that he'll light it up in that league, it's filled with slow, hatchet jobs that can't keep up with him.

This is simply a function of math and valuation. Mostly math. Bolasie is on say 70K a week. That's 3.5M a year. Do you supplement salary to just get a sale? He's probably getting close to being fully fit. He's not going to play here and not gaining value on our bench. A lot of teams don't have budget to spend in January, either. My guess is that he'll light it up in that league, it's filled with slow, hatchet jobs that can't keep up with him.
You take a hit on the fee and get him out of the club. That way at least some cash comes in to recycle...remember, THAT is the name of the game with Everton: sell two, buy one. That's the only overarching thing we need to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back