2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they still are.

In order not be penalized by the league we cannot increase the wage bill any higher until this summer unless we flog the crap Koeman, Walsh, and Martinez filled our squad with.
Honestly when you look at some of the decisions the club has made in recent years it's absolutely scandalous. As well as the obvious wastes of money in the transfer market, some of the contracts we've handed out are criminal. The Mirallas extension was widely recognised as ridiculous at the time, Besic and Galloway were somehow given new 5 year contracts (probably including massive pay increases) after playing about 20 games. Luke Garbutt signed a new contract 4 years ago and literally hasn't kicked a ball for us since. How can that possibly happen? A five year contract at £25k a week for somebody who is currently struggling to get a game for a team in the League One relegation zone. The club has been run shambolically since Moyes left, we desperately need Brands to be everything he's been sold to us as, and more, if we're going to turn this around.

I could be wrong, but i'm sure last time this twitter account was outed as being ran by a certain former poster on here. Perhaps one who is blue and likes cookies and the occasional match preview...

Ah, the result of me being a non twitter user I am afraid!

This team is not just lacking a striker. There is no central midfielder good enough. We have massive gaps at right back, our CBs are dreadful, our GK has been poor, and I’m not sure there’s an adequate right sided forward in the team.

This team should’ve been closer to the relegation zone than 8th last year and it’s clouded our judgement of how they are performing this year. I sill have hope that Mina will come around, but Digne, Richarlison, Bernard have all improved this team significantly. I don’t think Brands can fill all of those holes in the summer, but if he can bring in similar quality, we should be much improved. It’s just going to take a couple of windows.
We are lacking both a striker and a box to box midfielder.

Onwards sunlit uplands ; and as an aside, how about doing an interview here.

If Brands faces down any push for a quick dismissal of a manager walking into a basket case situation, he will completely transform himself for the better in my eyes. FWIW.

If Brands faces down any push for a quick dismissal of a manager walking into a basket case situation, he will completely transform himself for the better in my eyes. FWIW.

You fell for the same as me mate. That twitter account is Chico mucking about.

The problems are bigger than Silver & Brands. The club has been mismanaged for longer than I can remember. HK achieved greatness despite the shortcomings at board level.

It would be easy to point the finger at Silva now. The form of the last 2 months warrant a sacking, but look how we were playing up to the last minute of the derby! And that was without a striker. What’s changed? I hope the decision makers know.

Brands came in with only a few weeks of the window to go and a new manager already appointed. I was sure he’d have had time to decide what was needed & have signings (including a striker) lined up for January. Did he fail or did the board not support him?
Maybe the defence has lost faith in Pickford; maybe they have too much faith in him (as in he might decide to come out for a cross one of these days, unless his zone is the space between the posts). Regardless of what changed it's up to the manager to motivate his players.

I don't believe that quote. We need to hear from Brands directly. I feel he isn't happy and the coaching position will be reviewed in the summer by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back