2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
doubt if he has much say tbh.

this is still Moshiri's fantasy project - the seemingly open and direct dialogue between Moshiri and Silva over the past week, which led to his vote of confidence says as much. Brands is simply being ignored/bypassed.

The problems are bigger than Silver & Brands. The club has been mismanaged for longer than I can remember. HK achieved greatness despite the shortcomings at board level.

It would be easy to point the finger at Silva now. The form of the last 2 months warrant a sacking, but look how we were playing up to the last minute of the derby! And that was without a striker. What’s changed? I hope the decision makers know.

Brands came in with only a few weeks of the window to go and a new manager already appointed. I was sure he’d have had time to decide what was needed & have signings (including a striker) lined up for January. Did he fail or did the board not support him?

The problems are bigger than Silver & Brands. The club has been mismanaged for longer than I can remember. HK achieved greatness despite the shortcomings at board level.

It would be easy to point the finger at Silva now. The form of the last 2 months warrant a sacking, but look how we were playing up to the last minute of the derby! And that was without a striker. What’s changed? I hope the decision makers know.

Brands came in with only a few weeks of the window to go and a new manager already appointed. I was sure he’d have had time to decide what was needed & have signings (including a striker) lined up for January. Did he fail or did the board not support him?
What's changed is Silva's style waned because we couldn't take our chances and still lost our confidence waned, and he can't turn it around. Look at Hull and Watford.

I feel like it’s two broken records playing different tunes in the same room.

The state of affairs are absurd.

A new philosophy will take time to show positive results.

It’s building not patching

What's changed is Silva's style waned because we couldn't take our chances and still lost our confidence waned, and he can't turn it around. Look at Hull and Watford.

Look at Everton over the last 30 years....

It’s not all down to Silva, it just isn’t.

If we brought Mourinho/Simeone/SAF/Guardiola in now, how much could they do with this squad? With no goal scorer...

Look at Everton over the last 30 years....

It’s not all down to Silva, it just isn’t.

If we brought Mourinho/Simeone/SAF/Guardiola in now, how much could they do with this squad? With no goal scorer...
It isn't and I was willing to back him on a long term rebuild.

But he has shown over and over he can't even coach the basics we could have Messi up front and Baresi at the back, but we would still have a coach who can't drill his teams defensively an effective attacking pattern of play or turn around a bad run.

I feel like it’s two broken records playing different tunes in the same room.

The state of affairs are absurd.

A new philosophy will take time to show positive results.

It’s building not patching
But what's the point if he can't coach a team to be hard to beat or to defend set pieces? It's Martinez all over again. The simple blunt truth is our players aren't good enough to play the way he wants too and we lack leaders.

Funny how we finished 4th in the league without a proper striker and a midfielder as top scorer. I don't get or trust directors of football but also don't believe you can pin all of this on a lack of striker.
Cahill was to all intents and purposes a striker. Let's face it, he was practically useless in midfield.

We need a forward in before judging this situation. It should have been done before now and it's been down to the DoF to impress that upon all concerned above him. He hasn't though, and he's a major part of the reason we're staggering to the end of the season looking for a few wins.

So true.

He needs to get his own man is as manager. Also, he’s been elevated to some Saint level far too early, once again. He hasn’t managed to move the dross on, which we some desperately needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back