Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean your glasses Dave we are better than how we were before Moshiri, the squad is way better, at least the stadium looks more presentable, land and plans are afoot for a new stadium (would never have happened with just BK) The management is lot better as well or happen you would have preferred to stay with RK and BFS!

As I said the points you raised were nothing to do with Brands so why raise them in his thread?
Hmmm I genuinely think RM's first season's squad was better on an all round basis mate.

Got to say, Dave’s played a blinder with his stance on Brands here.

Any credit goes directly to Silva and any criticism goes straight to Marcel.

He can’t lose.
It's not that. I dont like the role, but if he gets more players like Digne to sign then he'll be acknowledged.

I just dont believe in giving someone a free pass - we should all avoid applauding the emperors new clothes. He's well paid by Everton, so just loaning out a load of players and getting in one class player in 12 months doesn't represent good value to me.

His job is to assists a good young manager. Let's see if he can do that this summer.

With a squad size of around 30 players you really think we were going to bring in another six players on top of that figure without having to sell a few first...........mad as a box of frogs.
No.

Why do you think I meant that?

EDIT:

Sorry, I read @Nymzee 's post as what Brands would have to do this summer/January to applaud him.

But was that really RM's squad in the first season? Surely that was the one he inherited from Moyes?
Oh yeah, i'm not saying RM was the major contributor, just that the squad itself was probably better than what we have now:

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
McCarthy Barry
Kev Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

Remember that Howard and Distin had arguably their best seasons for us, Kev too if I remember rightly? Deulofeu on the bench.

What a side that was. Too bad the wheels fell off.

It's not that. I dont like the role, but if he gets more players like Digne to sign then he'll be acknowledged.

I just dont believe in giving someone a free pass - we should all avoid applauding the emperors new clothes. He's well paid by Everton, so just loaning out a load of players and getting in one class player in 12 months doesn't represent good value to me.

His job is to assists a good young manager. Let's see if he can do that this summer.
I know you're getting a hard time about it but I kind of agree with you here. As of yet, Brands hasn't done anything to suggest he's the answer to our prayers. I didn't expect him to have done, he's not been here that long, but it's fair to say that the way some people talk about him you'd think he'd come in and worked miracles, which he definitely hasn't.

Oh yeah, i'm not saying RM was the major contributor, just that the squad itself was probably better than what we have now:

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
McCarthy Barry
Kev Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

Remember that Howard and Distin had arguably their best seasons for us, Kev too if I remember rightly? Deulofeu on the bench.

What a side that was. Too bad the wheels fell off.

Cracking side that mate........Deulofeu's goal against Arsenal made everyone sit up and take notice, much like Rooney did against Seaman.
As you say pity the wheels came off, hopefully Brands and Silva will have a Kwik Fit moment and keep them on.

All extremely fair.

Again though mate I just don't see six incoming without a few departures, this is where it will be interesting to see how Brands performs.
Well that's the point isn't it? We need those players in over the course of the next two windows. It should be possible - if Brands has any nous in how to strike deals with other clubs and has any leverage with Moshiri to secure more cash.

If we dont get those players (and there's no extravagances there in that shopping list), then the manager is not being served at all well by his DoF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back